Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag How to make Company Name Available but NOT required?

I have it set up through the admin that when a customer attempts to create an account that Company Name is not required but is there for them to add in if they so choose. However there is a problem that I am receiving that even though it is marked as not being a required field it will not let them create an account without adding the information in company name. This is frustrating to our customers and I am certain we have lost some not so computer savvy customers because of this. There is the option to also remove it but we as a company that shiops via FED EX and UPS do not want it gone as there is dramatic savings on company versus residence when it comes to shipping. Any help for this would be appreciated and welcomed.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make Company Name Available but NOT required

Set the Minimum Value to 0 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

thank you very much for that 0 did not work but not puting anything at all in the field worked!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pettreatsplus View Post
    thank you very much for that 0 did not work but not puting anything at all in the field worked!
    Pe,
    Thanks for posting your solution
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pettreatsplus View Post
    That's what I get for testing on a fixed un-released peice of code ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have the oposite problem. I WANT the Company Name to be required, but it is not. I have gone to Admin/Configuration/Minimum Values and set the value of Company to 0,1,2,3,4,5, but this has no effect - what am I doing wrong? I guess this is not where you make it required or not, but I can't seem to find the correct place to set it.

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to make Company Name Available but NOT required?

Could you answer the questions you see when you hit Reply ... sounds like perhaps you have an older version or a template issue ...

Does it work if you switch to the Classic Template?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Version = the most current
    Not been upgraded
    Add ons = loads! But I have never been able to set Company Name as required, just assumed I did not know how
    In what ways is your site customised - would not know how to begin answering that
    www. s t u f f 4 p r i n t .com

I also would shudder to think what would go wrong if I tried to swap templates on this site - so would rather find a work around than try to switch templates

Thank you for your response

Plugin Contributions

The templates are designed so that you can just change from one to another without breaking your customized templates and overrides ...

The reason to test the Classic Template is to rule out something in your current template that might be breaking the Company from being required ...

There was a problem in older versions where the Company minimum length was not working properly and that was fixed in v1.3.8 ...

Check the settings in the Configuration ... Customer Details ... is set to true ...
    Company
    Display company field during account creation and with account information
    and the Configuration ... Minimum Values ... is greater than 0:
    Company
    Minimum length of company name
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Oh that was scarey ... OK I tried swapping the templates (see how much I trust you) but the sight would not display at all, in every browser I have all I got was a blank page - I guess that is not a good thing. But it worked fine when I switched back to my template, so I guess I've broken more than Company name requirements ... lol ... Ooopss

The other settings you mention, when I read your suggestion, I did what most people would do and said to myself of course those are set correctly, but then remembered who is the expert here and checked them - they were set to True and 5 - But Company name is still not Required (the box IS there but not compulsory).

Thanks again :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast