Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where to Change the config.php file to point to new downloads folder

i am using dreamweaver to edit php files and filezilla to upload. it's weird that the configure files are still set for home/account/download
    and the download folder is public html and i get a green light

do i need to use a different php editor or what do you think i need to do to fix this issue

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Re-check your folder/file permissions when relocated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where to Change the config.php file to point to new downloads folder

i have been changing permissions with filezilla because that's the only way I could do it. and have uploaded files via dreamweaver and filezilla both.

when I open the file from the server on dreamweaver it shows that the changes are made and the file is readable only

I checked the file attributes with filezilla and the configure.php files permissons are 644

what needs to be done. Can you do this setting for me I can send you payment via paypal for this setting.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That really does suggest that the configure.php files on your server still contain references to the original location, not the moved location.

And, if that's the case, then it's likely that you've not successfully made the configure.php files writable before uploading your changes. Using a dedicated FTP program like FileZilla is more reliable for changing file permissions than something like Dreamweaver's built-in FTP facility. DW is fine for uploading/downloading individual files, but anything beyond that, including permissions-changing and mass-uploading/downloading is not advisable.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you view the file contents using FileZilla instead of DW, do you see the same thing?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i can't view with filezilla. it lets me download the file from the server to my computer and then i open it up and see in notepad. i can see the contects are exactly what the tutorial says. could it be a reason of having a virtual dedicated server and not a dedicated server. I mean I have a dedicated server but it's a shared dedicated server.

what else do you think could be wrong or should be done to fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you view the file contents using FileZilla instead of DW, do you see the same thing?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I can't tell what's wrong without doing some debugging to figure out why your server is ignoring the changes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have a problem and I have read all through this forum to try and fix it myself, but I guess I am not able to.

This is my problem:

I have successfully moved my download file from (public_html/store/download/filename) to the location stated in the tutorial mentioned in post #7 (home/username/filename/).

I have also been able to successfully change the configure.php file located in (/public_html/store/admin/includes/) as stated in the tutorial but I have NOT been able to change the configure.php file located in (/public_html/store/includes/). I have changed the permissions to be writable, then made my changes and uploaded, but still no permanent changes.

I am also not completely sure how what to put in the attribute controller for each download. Do I keep it the same or will I need to change each one after the configure files have been successfully changed?

So #1 - how do I get the configure.php file to change? #2 - Do I need to change the attribute file path after successfully changing the configure.php file?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

// NOTE: be sure to leave the trailing '/' at the end of these lines if you make changes!
    // * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
    // these paths are relative to top of your webspace ... (ie: under the public_html or httpdocs folder)
    define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/store/');
    define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/store/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
    define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
    define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
    define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
    define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
    define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
    define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . '/home7/accountname/');
    define('DIR_WS_TEMPLATES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'templates/');

define('DIR_WS_PHPBB', '/');

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
    //the following path is a COMPLETE path to your Zen Cart files. eg: /var/www/vhost/accountname/public_html/store/
    define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home7/accountname/public_html/store/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/home7/accountname/');
    define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');
    define('DIR_WS_UPLOADS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'uploads/');
    define('DIR_FS_UPLOADS', DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_UPLOADS);
    define('DIR_FS_EMAIL_TEMPLATES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'email/');
    I am also not sure what to put in these spots and which ones actually need to be changed. Again, thanks in advance for the help.

Plugin Contributions

And now I am getting this at the top of my store....

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home7/accountname/public_html/store/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file (read-only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical). You may need to use your webhost control panel/file-manager to change the permissions effectively. Contact your webhost for assistance. See this FAQ

Warning Warning: The downloadable products directory does not exist: /home7/accountname/public_html/store//home7/accountname/. Downloadable products will not work until this directory is valid.

HELP!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help me? I have to close my store until I get this fixed! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where to Change the config.php file to point to new downloads folder?

Post what your original configure.php contents were befor you altered Just make sure to x-out db details
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast