Plugin Contributions

Default how to disable shipping ?

Hello,
    I need to enable my shopping cart but disable shipping methods.
    if i disable shipping methods, Customer can not complete their transaction .

I can not use the shipping availible due to the fact that price calculated will be way too much ..

we do the packaging and calculate the shipping later on .

I was wondering how i can disable the shipping but yet allow customer buy products from our site ?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to disable shipping ?

If you figure shipping later, how do your customers pay for the shipping? There are several ways to configure the shipping charges in the Admin Panel of ZC, based on several different charge options.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Exactly what do you want for shipping rules?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

we sell lab equipments. they are vary in size and weight .. and customers buy different products with different quantities on each order. no matter how i figure the setting .. it seems shipping charges are way too much ..

we use different boxes to pack all those orders .. this way we can get better shipping prices.. ( lower .. much lower ) .

I need to disable the shipping .
    and add some text , stating , shipping charges will be calculated.. and will be added to the total . ..well something like that.

we are not going to charge the customer until shipping charges are known ..

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I do the same thing on my store. We have odd shaped stuff and depending on the combination of products, can save on shipping by combining things in boxes.

I setup one custom shipping module (copied the flat rate module) and made it inform the customer that shipping would be calculated manually and confirmed via email. Customers can choose a payment method on the site, but it is not configured to actually do anything automatically. After I get their email confirmation/agreement to the shipping costs, I process their payment manually.

I use a combo of Edit Orders mod and Super Orders to edit their orders once shipping costs are calculated. Because I can't edit the Shipping cost as such, I've created a 'Shipping Costs' product (invisible on the online store) that I can add to each order, edit the amount and then get the order to show the true total costs.

It's not great, but it's the only way I've figured out to get it done. What I wish I could do was to simply edit the shipping costs and have them appear as the actual shipping costs, and not have to add them as products. The show up on the packing slip and look stupid.

The Edit Orders mod is particularly unsupported and finicky, so I feel fortunate that I have it working at all. A way to edit order contents, including attributes, that is a built-in feature of ZenCart would be awesome.
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten
    https://www.sambu-kyugu.com