Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade 1.3.6 -> 1.3.7 -> 1.3.8a failing on me

I followed the test upgrade suggestions, created a new site, merged all my mods from 1.3.6 into a 1.3.8a tree. Created a database, imported my backup, ran the install and choose "upgrade" database.

I get this error screen and it stops there:

1062 Duplicate entry 'Customers who have never completed a purchase' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO query_builder (query_category, query_name, query_description , query_string) VALUES ('email,newsletters', 'Customers who have never completed a purchase', 'For sending newsletter to all customers who registered but have never completed a purchase', 'SELECT DISTINCT c.customers_email_address as customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname as customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname as customers_firstname FROM TABLE_CUSTOMERS c LEFT JOIN TABLE_ORDERS o ON c.customers_id=o.customers_id WHERE o.date_purchased IS NULL');]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade 1.3.6 -> 1.3.7 -> 1.3.8a fails

If I use the browser BACK and try "re-check", it says no upgrade is required.

The shop looks ok except for some images I must have missed merging.

Can I really trust the re-check that nothing is missing because of that previous un-caught error?

When I log into admin, I get this warning:

Your database appears to need patching to a higher level. See Tools->Server Information to review patch levels.

Tools->Server info gives this error:

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.
    Last edited by dhcernese; 16 Mar 2008 at 11:28 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Created a database, imported my backup, ran the install and choose "upgrade" database.
    Try installing 1.3.8a first - then import the the DB - and finally re-run zc_install upgrading the DB only
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade 1.3.6 -> 1.3.7 -> 1.3.8a failing on me

Quote Originally Posted by dhcernese View Post
    I followed the test upgrade suggestions, created a new site, merged all my mods from 1.3.6 into a 1.3.8a tree. Created a database, imported my backup, ran the install and choose "upgrade" database.
    Did you ask it to do the upgrade one-step-at-a-time? ie: 1.3.6-to-1.3.7, (uncheck the other box), and then do the 1.3.7-to-1.3.8 on the next screen?

The error message you see will only happen if you've already run the 1.3.7-to-1.3.8 upgrade step and try to run it again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did you ask it to do the upgrade one-step-at-a-time? ie: 1.3.6-to-1.3.7, (uncheck the other box), and then do the 1.3.7-to-1.3.8 on the next screen?

The error message you see will only happen if you've already run the 1.3.7-to-1.3.8 upgrade step and try to run it again.
    No, I tried both at the same time. Should I delete the database and start over one-check at a time? I think I read that recommendation somewhere now that you mention it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Try installing 1.3.8a first - then import the the DB - and finally re-run zc_install upgrading the DB only
    I have at least one mod that added an extra column to two tables. Will the 'create table' portion of the import still work if I follow that process?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

I deleted the database, re-imported my data, and just did the upgrade one check at a time. That worked! Thanks!

The installer shouldn't check both if both isn't going to work.