Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Order in Admin with 2Checkout

Dear All,

I received confirmation from 2Checkout that an order has been placed and paid for. The customer placed 2 orders. The first one went through fine and she received confirmation via email and so did I. The second order also went through fine but she did not receive the email confirmation and nor did I.

I logged into the admin and her second order is missing. However, 2Checkout confirmed that the payment is legitimate and passed its usual checks for fraud etc. I had to eventually get the order details from 2Checkout so that I could process it for her. I am using Zencart 1.5.0

Please advise.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Order in Admin with 2Checkout

Reply ...
    Hi Sandy,

I maintain the 2checkout plugin and will be happy to troubleshoot this with you. The issue was most likely cause by your return setting being setup to "Given links back to my Website" which requires the buyer to click a "Click here to finalize your Order" button to return back to your site and register the sale as paid. You change your return setting to use the Direct Return method to insure that they are always returned automatically which should resolved this issue. PLease feel free to contact me directly so I can help.

Thanks,
    Craig

Plugin Contributions

Craig,
    2nd attempt to post this.... Anyway, I just installed the 2checkout plug-in and it was so easy! Thanks! I do have an issue thought.... I placed a test order through my site. I received the order confirm to both accounts, however no order was created in ZenCart. I have the settings as Direct Return however I am wondering if it has something to do with the 2checkout registration as I used the basic url and didn't add the /zencart/ directory. Help?

Thanks,

Rod
    Rod

Visit my Zen Site: Hat n' Patch

Plugin Contributions

I have been working on this for a couple days now, and still have problems. I have been working with the 2co tech support and they have been great in response. My issue is still the same as above, we have tried all kinds of things with the same result. Once an order is placed through 2co, the order completes, emails from 2con go to seller and buyer, but nothing in zencart orders. The store number and secret word are correct, but we cannot get past the zen order being created. The last email addressed the above issue with the URL again and here is their reply:

Good Day,

It appears that Zen Cart does pass in the return URL using the "x_receipt_link_url" parameter, so the wrong URL placed there can also cause the order not to register so I think you may be correct on that one. Unfortunately I do not know what URL needs to be placed there, so this would be a good question to ask the Zen Cart support team. It seems like this is most likely the issue.

Thank you again for contacting 2CO and have a great day!

Sincerely,
    Daclaud
    2Checkout Integrations Agent
    Does anyone know what the url should be? Is it:

https://mydomain.com/zencart/index.p...eckout_success

something else, or a script edit?

Thanks in advance!
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Default 2Checkout Config problems

Hello all!
    I have been having an excessive number of PayPal Checkout Errors lately that have caused the customers to leave in frustration and not return until I have another option, so I wanted to add 2Checkout as the alternate. I downloaded it, unzipped, uploaded, got my 2Checkout Account, added my Store# and Secret Word and all appeared to be easy and fine. I followed the config to the letter that was in the plug-in but have a problem......

I placed a test order (live), the payment went like clockwork, received seller and buyer confirms from 2co thinking all was well. I went into my site, logged into the admin and no order registered. I played with the admin settings in both Zencart and 2Checkout all with the same result. Once the order completes, it stays on the 2Checkout site and doesn't redirect back to the site which seems to be the problem. I have been emailing with Tech Support at 2co and think we might have it down to a few things now..... They have the 'Approved URL' which is assumed to be the redirect for the sale completion, however it seems it is overridden by the x_receipt_link_url parameter. I initially thought it may be that when I registered with them I used our domain hatnpatch.com when in fact the store is in the /zencart/ directory. I thought that was the problem, however in the includes/modules/payment/as2checkout.php it seems that it would create the link to the process_2checkout.php in the zencart directory. Either way I cannot get the 2 to 'talk' to create the order in admin. Any Ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Rod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rod44 View Post
    Does anyone know what the url should be? Is it:

https://mydomain.com/zencart/index.p...eckout_success

something else
    Highly unlikely. Normally a payment gateway should return to index.php?main_page=checkout_process ... but it sounds like 2checkout uses their own handler process_2checkout.php instead. In such cases, that script would do some preprocessing and then send itself through the stages normally handled by main_page=checkout_process thus accomplishing the same end result.

If yours isn't making its way through those steps, you'll need to work your way through the code by adding die() statements to find out what is and what is not running, and find out where it's breaking, and fix whatever is breaking.

Zen Cart will happily store the order once the checkout_process steps are kicked off with valid payment data. If the payment module doesn't pass the verified data as valid, the order won't save.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,
    Thanks for the super fast response! Alas, I don't know how to do 'die()' statements and wouldn't now what I would be looking for if I tried. It's a shame as this was so easy to install with light configs for us 'non-code' New Zenners. I have tried to get in contact with undeadzed (contributor of the plug-in) with no response so guess I will probably need to search for a different payment option. Is anyone else using this plug-in? If so, could you share your info/configs? I am running Zencart 1.5.1

Thanks
    Rod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I haven't used 2checkout myself since 2005 when I dumped it because it was so unreliable, and the module at that time was also flakey. Never looked back, and I generally avoid every mention of them.

Maybe I'm too biased about it still, but if the module is still having problems in recent years, then that suggests that the 2checkout gateway is still architected poorly and the module is being forced to go through needless hoops in order to confirm a payment. If the gateway is still unreliable, then that's telling.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info Doc, I went for this as in the plug-ins there had been over 12,000 downloads and didn't see much for 'bad' in the forum. Silent majority? ;)

Thanks again,
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,
    Update - I just got it to work with just a little more trial and error. Here's what I did:

On the 2Checkout Admin under Site Management I used the 'Header Redirect' under Header Return and in the Authorized URL I used:

https://example.com/index.php?main_p..._2checkout.php

The readme says to use the Direct Return option and assumes that ZenCart will do the rest.

Mine may have been an exception, but wanted to post here to hope we can make it easier for someone else later.

You guys are still the best!!

Good luck to all!
    Rod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast