Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can't Remove 'Home' From footer?!?!

Hi all.

For some reason at the footer, next to where the EZ page links are, there's a HOME button.

And I can't seem to get rid of it. It's a pain, since now I have 3 home buttons, one in header next to Log in, one in the top EZnavbar and also in the footer EZnavbar.

I can remove any of them accept the footer one. Anyone know how to get rid of it?

Your help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't Remove 'Home' From footer?!?!

Please post a link to your site please
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

My site is at http://www.theniagarasoapcompany.com/zencart/

Please note it's still very much a work in progress. All text there is just for filler.

Plugin Contributions

My home on the top navbar is done with EZpages, but the footer one does not seem to be connected with EZ?!? So it stays even when I disable EZ pages in the footer.

Plugin Contributions

I would also like to know how to do this either completely remove the HOME link from the footer or at the very least change the URL to direct to my real index page outside the cart. I have tried for days to figure this one out and I'm at a loss.
    http://www.division26clothing.com/ca...age=page&id=15

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by division26 View Post
    I would also like to know how to do this either completely remove the HOME link from the footer or at the very least change the URL to direct to my real index page outside the cart. I have tried for days to figure this one out and I'm at a loss.
    http://www.division26clothing.com/ca...age=page&id=15
    Find this in the tpl_footer:
    1. <a href="http://www.division26clothing.com/cart/">Home</a>

Change to:

1. <a href="http://www.division26clothing.com/cart/ target="_blank"">Home</a>
    Change the red font to whatever site you want to link to & the Home to the new sites Name to be viewed in the footer.
    The beauty of the target is a seperate page is loaded.
    Last edited by haredo; 27 Mar 2008 at 06:29 AM.
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem. the way I fixed was by deleting this line in tpl_footer.php in my template directory:
    "<li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>"

& replace with:
    <li><a href='http://www.xyz.com/abc'>New Link</a></li>

If you don't want a replacement link then you've gotta take your first ezpage link off & replace the home link with that eg:
    <li><a href='http://www.xyz.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1'>EZ Page 1</a></li>

Hope it helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by parviz View Post
    I had the same problem. the way I fixed was by deleting this line in tpl_footer.php in my template directory:
    "<li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>"

& replace with:
    <li><a href='http://www.xyz.com/abc'>New Link</a></li>

If you don't want a replacement link then you've gotta take your first ezpage link off & replace the home link with that eg:
    <li><a href='http://www.xyz.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=1'>EZ Page 1</a></li>

Hope it helps.
    This post was helpful, but a little confusing.. (hope I don't offend anyone..) I had to read it a few times before the lightbulb went off..

I'd like to take a stab at clarifying this a bit for anyone who had a little trouble grasping this too..

If you want to remove the "Home" link from the EZ Pages footer navbar AND you will NOT be using EZ Pages footer links:
    Copy the
    /includes/templates/default_template/common/tpl_footer.php
    file to
    /includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_footer.php

Find this in the/includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_footer.php file:
    Code:
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG_FOOTER; ?></a></li>
    and either comment this out or delete this line altogether.

If you want to remove the "Home" link from the EZ Pages footer navbar AND you WILL be using EZ Pagers footer links:

Find this in the file:
    Code:
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG_FOOTER; ?></a></li>
    In theory you can change this to whatever link you want. If you will be using EZ Pages, this could be your first EZ Page link. For example: I usually use the EZ Page footer links for links to the site policies.. So in that example I would replace the above code with the link to the policy page that will appear in place of the "Home" link, and use EZ pages to create the remaining footer links..

Hope that helps make this a little clearer for others.. this was one of those Zen things that has ALWAYS driven me banannas.. Glad I at least now know a solution..

Plugin Contributions

What I did to fix this problem rather than hard coding in the first page link:

I removed this line from tpl_footer.php:
    Code:
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    Now the home link is gone but if you have a separator specified then it will show up before your first link. To fix that go into tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php and change this line

Code:
    <?php echo ($i <= $n ? EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_FOOTER : '') . "\n"; ?>
    to

Code:
    <?php echo ($i <= $n && $i != 1 ? EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_FOOTER : '') . "\n"; ?>
    In another words the separator will only be displayed if the link is not the first or the last.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by acmeinteractive View Post
    What I did to fix this problem rather than hard coding in the first page link:

I removed this line from tpl_footer.php:
    Code:
    <li><?php echo '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'; ?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a></li>
    Now the home link is gone but if you have a separator specified then it will show up before your first link. To fix that go into tpl_ezpages_bar_footer.php and change this line

Code:
    <?php echo ($i <= $n ? EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_FOOTER : '') . "\n"; ?>
    to

Code:
    <?php echo ($i <= $n && $i != 1 ? EZPAGES_SEPARATOR_FOOTER : '') . "\n"; ?>
    In another words the separator will only be displayed if the link is not the first or the last.
    Until I found this thread, this was how I always achieved this.. In my experience, this fix in particular never worked EXACTLY perfectly for me.. Though the "Home" link is commented out, the code still seems to set the spacing in the toolbar as if a small link is still there. So the alignment was always just a little off.. (especially if you are centering the footer links). I found that the the other suggestion in this thread works better and centering the links does not look slightly off center. Plus it doesn't require a second file edit for the seperator..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast