Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Sale and discount coupon questions

IS there a way to set the coupons not to be applied to the sale price but to the original price, during a sale?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sale and discount coupon questions

IS there a way to set the coupons not to be applied to the sale price but to the original price, during a sale?
    No, there is not.

As a consumer I would really POed if I got through the checkout and didn't get the full additional discount your were offering.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    No, there is not.

As a consumer I would really POed if I got through the checkout and didn't get the full additional discount your were offering.

Yes well in that case, is there a setting to set where coupons do not work during the sale period, on the items that are for sale?

because we dont want to have a sale for 25% off and have the customer use a discount code and get an additional 15% off the sale price.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoolboy15 View Post
    Yes well in that case, is there a setting to set where coupons do not work during the sale period, on the items that are for sale?

because we dont want to have a sale for 25% off and have the customer use a discount code and get an additional 15% off the sale price.
    I agree. There are lots of reasons why stores might want this functionality. In my case, I have a class of customer that I have promised will always get a certain minimum discounted price, and it is currently managed via a coupon. There are times when I want to extend sales to other customers as well, but like the other writer, I don't want to "double down" on the discount to my priviledged customers. Since I am also doing free shipping as a part of my cart, this is especially precarious.

Perhaps there is a better way to accomplish this goal, rather than using coupon codes. If you have some tips I would appreciate hearing them.

Plugin Contributions

I'm in the same boat...want to offer coupons to certain customer BUT don't want them to be able to use coupon on sale items!

Same here, am surprised this issue does not have a workaround, if there is one and someone sees this thread, please point us in the right direction.

Plugin Contributions

same here.. i have a sale going on and someone is buying and has a coupn code which was given prior (and still valid) i wish there was a way that you can only use a coupn code on non sale items
    Classy, Upscale, Sophisticated, Discreet
    www.ClassyDesires.com

I am having That Software Guy set this up for me since I am not a programmer and I use his discount modules. Good luck with whatever way you go for a solution, at least you know it is do-able even if you do the programming yourself.

Plugin Contributions

I tell my customers that the coupon is good for something off of the retail price. Then, when I have a sale, I adjust the coupon to give them the effective amount off of the retail price.

For example, a coupon for $100 off is given and is set up for a $100 discount. Then we have a $50 off sale. So I set the "Special" price and adjust the coupon so it's only a $50 off coupon. In the coupon text I make sure to say that it's a $100 discount off of the regular/retail price.

Chris

Plugin Contributions

Well, one workaround would be to put your Specials items in a new category and then restrict coupon access to that category.

--2 cents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast