Plugin Contributions

Default Can you enable shipping with digital downloads?

I know it must seem like a silly question, but my band would like the website to GRANT anyone purchasing a physical copy of the CD, immediate access to the MP3s (A zip file as a downloaded file attribute for that product). I had a trial run which was successful, except for when I enabled a digital download associated with the physical cd, it automatically shuts off shipping. Since we still will have to ship out the cd, I was wondering if there's a way for us to enable shipping for that product manually?

The obvious, and ghetto solution would be to increase the original price of the CD to accomodate for shipping... but I'd really rather have shipping seperate and calculated by weight, like our current design.

http://strandland.com/digitalstore

Any help would be awesome.
    Thanks,

-Dave

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can you enable shipping with digital downloads?

In the product settings (Admin->Catalog->Categories/Products->edit the product), there are several options for "Always Free Shipping". If you select "Special, Product/Download Combo Requires a Shipping Address", it will allow the option of combining both physical and virtual in one product.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can you enable shipping with digital downloads?

Brilliant! Thank you, that sounds exactly like what I need.