red flag First Steps to setting up my online shop??????

After installing Zen Cart on my website I was so lost as to what to do to set up my online shop so I went to the help link at the top of www.zen-cart.com to see if I could get some help on setting it up. Under the Installing Zen Cart faq section I found the topic First Steps to setting up your online shop, which is very helpful and it also has the link to the Wiki reference (click here to redirect to the link), which is helpful also and together their even more helpful. However, neither specifies where the option you choose for each congifuration should be placed. For instance; with the Basis of product tax configuration page of the wiki reference (click here to go to the page) you can see that there are three configuration options which are 1) Shipping 2) Billing 3) Store, you then click on Catalog (click here to go there) to learn what files to make changes, where each file is located, what line in each file you need to make changes and what that line will have written, but not where in the a line to make the changes for the option you desire for that specific configuration. Here is what the Zen Cart Wiki reference page looks like:

Admin - Configuration - My Store - Store Product Tax Basis - Catalog

Administration
    Basic Checklist

Menu: Admin - Configuration - My Store - Store Product Tax Basis - Catalog

/path/to/your/shop/includes/classes/order.php

Line #271 : //STORE_PRODUCT_TAX_BASIS

Line #273 : switch (STORE_PRODUCT_TAX_BASIS) {

/path/to/your/shop/includes/functions/functions_taxes.php

Line #27 : if (STORE_PRODUCT_TAX_BASIS == 'Store') {

Line #170 : switch (STORE_PRODUCT_TAX_BASIS) {
    [/SIZE]

I am able to find the files and the lines it specifies to make the change for the option I want (Store), but I do not understand exactly where on these lines I need to place my configuration option (Store) for Store Product Tax Basis. Someone (preferably that knows a lot about programming and Zen Cart) please help!!! Also, does anyone know if there is a way I can test this to see if I get results?
    "Think it, appreciate it, visualize it, rejoice in it...now you have made it your reality" by Adam Alber

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: First Steps to setting up my online shop??????

Uh - don't touch the files- Use the tutorials/ FAQ to set up your taxes through your Zen Cart Admin.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Do you mean go to the admin area of where Zen Cart is installed on my website (i.e. www.mysite.com/zencart/admin) and do it there? If that's what you mean then that is my problem because I can not access that I get an error message. I found out that not all the file/folders where properly uploaded to my site so I am doing a fresh upload then reinstalling it. Maybe that will fix it?!
    "Think it, appreciate it, visualize it, rejoice in it...now you have made it your reality" by Adam Alber

I have done the fresh upload and reinstall and now I am able to access my admin area of my website. I think is was because the ftp program I was using did not change the permissions approriately so I changed them in the control panel of my website.