Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net Test Account. SSL & cURL.

Good Morning Zen Heads,

I'm trying to setup authorize.net AIM with Zen-Cart v. 1.3.8a. I went to developer.authorize.net and signed up for a test account. A week passed, I never got a response from them. So I decided to call them today, and they said they never received my inquiry. My only option was to fill out the test-account-inquiry-form again.

I just got done filling out the test-account-form, again.

Questions I have:

1) From your experience, how long did it take to get a test account from authorize.net?

2) I am currently testing Zen Cart on a local machine (not a web host). When I begin testing the CC payment gateway, will I need to have SSL and cURL installed on my local machine? If so, how can I go about doing this? Can I emulate SSL and cURL? Or will I have to upload Zen Cart to a web host service like godaddy, and enable SSL and cURL through them?

Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks, and have a wonderful day,

Esoin

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net Test Account. SSL & cURL.

Question number 1 - Why do you think you need a test account? The module is fully functional and Certified by AuthorizeNet.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Emailing takes about an hour. A phone call is instant. 1-800-344-7779 Have your user name for the account ready.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by esoin View Post
    2) I am currently testing Zen Cart on a local machine (not a web host). When I begin testing the CC payment gateway, will I need to have SSL and cURL installed on my local machine?
    Yes, in order to communicate with Authorize.net servers, you need CURL and SSL support enabled.

If so, how can I go about doing this?
    That depends on what software you're using. If you need help configuring a webserver, I suggest that you ask around on a hosting support forum such as webhostingtalk.com
    Or, better yet, use a real webserver.

Can I emulate SSL and cURL?
    If you don't understand how to install CURL or SSL, then I'm positive you'll have even more trouble trying to set things up to emulate them. So, no.

Or will I have to upload Zen Cart to a web host service like godaddy, and enable SSL and cURL through them?
    I suggest that you *not* use GoDaddy. If you want to know "why", search this forum for discussion related to the challenges when using their servers for advanced systems like Zen Cart.
    But, yes, a real live webserver already built and configured for normal web operation would be your best choice.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.