This contribution will add a field during checkout where a customer can select the date which they would like a product to be delivered.

The requested delivery date will then appear on:
  • Confirm Order Page
  • Email sent to customer when order is processed
  • In the Admin: Edit Order, Invoice, Packing Slip
  • When you update the status of an order it will include the delivery date on the email generated to the customer (if you select to notify customer)
  • On the main orders page in the Admin, there is a new table field that shows the requested delivery date
This is very helpful for stores with perishable items, such as food or flowers.

This contribution is based off of the "ship date and cancel date" contribution, and i would like to make sure credit goes to everyone that has worked on this before myself (I did my best to notate this in the files). There were a number of issues with the code in that contribution and they are aiming to make more of a "PO" contribution. I simply needed a solid delivery date feature for one of my stores, so i am putting the code up for everyone else to benefit.

This is my first contribution to the zen-cart community, and it is my way of saying thanks for all the help on the forums and giving back. I really believe in this project and am proud to offer what i can.

I will post a link to the contribution's download page once it is approved by the Zen Cart administrators. (I wanted to make this thread first so i could include it in the readme.txt file)

Let the journey begin!

-MrMeech