Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Delivery Date Support Thread

Hi MrMeech.
    I have been watching the devlopment of this mod from the pull down list to this current version - great work you've been doing.
    I am still using the pull down list on my wholesale site and works beautifully - thank you very much.

I am planning to install the java version on the admin side to make things a bit easier for them there - I will let you know how it goes,
    If anyone else needs a simple fix to edit the delivery dtaes on the backend drop me a line and I'll shoo the code across to you.

I have just installed the new delivery date mod on a site using the FEC mod, as seems to be the recent dicussion.

Your instruction to do this is completely correct, however the second part of 9) interferes with FEC code and is not really required, due to the way the FEC order confirmation page works.

BUT . . . we all know there has to be a problem somewhere along the line otherwise it would be too easy. My problem is I don't seem to be getting any date being posted to the database - no other errors.

In the order screen the delivery date displays as:11/30/1999 00:00:00
    In phpMyAdmin the delivery date field is: 0000-00-00
    In phpMyAdmin the field shows Null on orders prior to the install

I have run the SQL patch, the field is there - it's just not getting there.

The site is not "publicly" live yet, but is at: flowerbunch.com.au

Any ideas????

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBunny View Post
    Hi MrMeech.
    In the order screen the delivery date displays as:11/30/1999 00:00:00
    In phpMyAdmin the delivery date field is: 0000-00-00
    In phpMyAdmin the field shows Null on orders prior to the install

I have run the SQL patch, the field is there - it's just not getting there.
    I just took a look at your site, but could only go so far in the checkout process before requiring money. On the first checkout page where the popup calendar is seems to be ok. All the html and javascript is in place correctly. Does the date appear correctly on the confirmation page? I'm guessing this might have to do with the includes/classes/order.php file. If i were you i would take a VERY close look at that file. I don't remember if FEC overwrites it or not, but make sure you have all the delivery date changes that are in that file that come with the downloadable package for the Delivery Date module. You can find the changes simply by comparing the delivery date file to an original zen cart file using any code comparison tool.

Hopefully that will get you going in the right direction.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Mr Meech,

Thanks for having a look.

The FEC module does not have an order confirmation page as such, it just has a --\|/--\|/-- processing page.

The order class is the delivery date file in the module package in it's entirity, it is not overwritten by FEC.

For the time being I have just removed the delivery date option and told people to put it in the comments section, whic is the "old fashioned way" before your "AddOn" came into being.

I think it must be caused by something on the confirmation page, so this will be my next investigation.

Once again, thanks for the assiatance and the great addon.

The order delivery date works great. I'm trying to add a lightbox-style ups time in transit map to the checkout_shipping page. The Dynamic Drive lightbox images works fine without the order delivery date feature and vice versa.

It as if the two features do not want to co-exist on the same page and are competing for the same initialization functions or variables. FireBug shows this error:
    Code:
    this.options is undefined
    http://pexplumber.com/includes/modul..._b-calendar.js
    Line 4
    My dev url is http://pexplumber.com. I've spent some hours debugging, but with no success.

I'm using simple seo url.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Idea or Suggestion Re: Order Delivery Date Support Thread

There is a conflict between the mootools and lightbox scripts. As mootools.js is a javascript framework, and so is prototype.js, it is a conflict between those two. There is a lightbox 'clone' called slimbox that uses mootools

It works great on the same page!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sweettraders View Post
    There is a conflict between the mootools and lightbox scripts. As mootools.js is a javascript framework, and so is prototype.js, it is a conflict between those two. There is a lightbox 'clone' called slimbox that uses mootools

It works great on the same page!
    Hey there - I'm a bit confused as to whether or not you got this worked out, because you say there is a conflict, but then say that it works great. There may be a slight chance that you're overthinking this or taking a more complicated approach than necessary - could you explain exactly what you're trying to do with the UPS transit map? Is it just one of those static maps of the country showing shipping times from your location?

From what i understand you want to have a UPS shipping map show up in a lightbox, more of less? If so, i can help you with hooking directly into the lightbox code to have it render on the screen as you wish. I'm a little confused as to why you'd want to have two JS codebases to render a lightbox when you should be able to just utilize the lightbox code.
    Last edited by mrmeech; 2 Nov 2008 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeech View Post
    Hey there - I'm a bit confused as to whether or not you got this worked out, because you say there is a conflict, but then say that it works great. There may be a slight chance that you're overthinking this or taking a more complicated approach than necessary - could you explain exactly what you're trying to do with the UPS transit map? Is it just one of those static maps of the country showing shipping times from your location?

From what i understand you want to have a UPS shipping map show up in a lightbox, more of less? If so, i can help you with hooking directly into the lightbox code to have it render on the screen as you wish. I'm a little confused as to why you'd want to have two JS codebases to render a lightbox when you should be able to just utilize the lightbox code.
    What I ultimately need is shipping options available, based on temperature not exceeding 70F along the shipping route if the time in transit exceeds 24 hours. Nice try! We ship perishables, i.e. chocolate.

We found that customers pick the cheapest shipping and expect the delivery to be overnight from CA to NY. Therefore I want to show the static UPS ground shipping time in transit map when the shipping state is in the ground shipping zone.

I tried to enable the zen lightbox on the checkout shipping, but since it utilizes a conflicting js framework than the delivery date module, I (=lazy js coder) resorted to slimbox that use the same js framework as the delivery date module. I’m using mootools 1.2 and the compatible calendar.js on the checkout shipping page. I have two frameworks for the site, but only one active per slimbox or lightbox page.

You need to create an account to see the checkout shipping page. Our dev site is at pexplumber.com.

It will be great if you can enable the delivery module to work with lightbox on the same page. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

hi i have read the readme file and i dont know how to: Run the sql statement (shipdate.sql) in your database - If you do not have the "zen" prefix in your database tables, remove it from the SQL statement before executing it.

can anyone tell me step by step on how to do this?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

hi again..manage to run the sql thingy...but now i have another problem..i am clueless abt where to install the rest of the files...cound anyone help ?

Plugin Contributions

Hi again Friends....Sorry..try to figure out where to add the files...and i finally got it...hehe

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast