Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Delivery Date Support Thread

I'm thinking that maybe the admin side to change or update the delivery date should be a button next to the order in the order list (like the 'e' on the orders screen or the 'i' or 'p' on the superorders screen).

So . . . like the 'i' button opens a new window, or in super orders has a new window pop-up inside the details screen for some functions.

Maybe a 'd' button to click, pop-up opens, select new date, press submit/update button, writes to database, refreshes screen with new date.

What are your thoughts on this mrmeech??? Trying to work out the best way to spend my efforts on seeing if I can get something up that everyone can benefit from.

Thanks in advance, Max

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBunny View Post
    I'm thinking that maybe the admin side to change or update the delivery date should be a button next to the order in the order list (like the 'e' on the orders screen or the 'i' or 'p' on the superorders screen).

So . . . like the 'i' button opens a new window, or in super orders has a new window pop-up inside the details screen for some functions.

Maybe a 'd' button to click, pop-up opens, select new date, press submit/update button, writes to database, refreshes screen with new date.

What are your thoughts on this mrmeech??? Trying to work out the best way to spend my efforts on seeing if I can get something up that everyone can benefit from.

Thanks in advance, Max
    Max,

So basically you want to add functionality to the admin side of zen cart so that an administrator can update the delivery date?

I have never used the superorders contribution, but the edit_orders.php page sounds like that is part of it. Zen cart doesn't not natively have a php file with that name (that i know of). Is this correct?

As far as writing code to update the date goes, you don't HAVE to use the "for" loop code. The only thing the database cares about is that the format of the date is precisely what it expects (which is the "date" data type) when you update the database record. Personally i would stay away from popup windows simply because they are frequently blocked by the browser or other software. I have started casually looking into javascript date picking software to MAYBE replace the dropdown list on the order checkout -- maybe a javascript calendar could be part of the solution to the superorder functionality?

In a week or two i plan on starting work on the next revision of the Order Delivery Date contribution. In the mean time i have been dumping hours of time into getting a PHPList mod for ZC working. If you are able to get code for superorders to work let me know and i'll gladly include it in the update.

Let me know if there's anything else i can help with-

Plugin Contributions

mrmeech,

Thanks for your time. You are correct about the files.

The java thing sounds good as it gets away from a need for popups.

The list seems very good and is very configurable once you understand how to include or not include days. It makes it very clear to the customer which day they can select for delivery.

I was talking to my wife and she said it would probably be best having the ability to update the delivery date on the screen people use for editing or updating their orders - so I'm trying to make the code a simple cut and paste into the code for any screen people use to edit/update their orders.

So . . how do I set the <select> value in the pull down list? I want the <select> value to be the current delivery date, so that people don't accidentally update it to the wrong date. Once that is done the code should be able to be placed anywhere people want to use it.

Thanks again.

Max

Plugin Contributions

mrmeech,

So . . how do I set the <select> value in the pull down list? I want the <select> value to be the current delivery date, so that people don't accidentally update it to the wrong date. Once that is done the code should be able to be placed anywhere people want to use it.

Thanks again.

Max
    Max,

I have been thinking about this for a day or so now (..sometimes i let answers come to me through osmosis or something.. sort of like the bathroom effect when you realize something during your shower...) anyway.. the dates in that FOR loop are rendered based on the NOW variable, which inputs the current local date. You should be able to change the $now variable to select the order delivery date from the order array info array. This is assuming you don't go the route of the javascript calendar. Let me know if what you think..

Plugin Contributions

Hey there mrmeech.

Still not really doing it for me - - unfortunately most of my osmosis on this matter seems to be in the reverse, so no matter how much I put into the code it seems to be getting less and less likely I can get it to work suitably in the admin side as a pull down list.

So . . how are you going with the java calander to add into the module? I like the pull down on the front end though! ;-)

Do you have something that seems OK and can be stuck into my pages to see how it goes? Better to work on the same thing then head off in different directions - if I get it OK on the backend may be able to add it to the package?

Plugin Contributions

Hey there mrmeech.

Still not really doing it for me - - unfortunately most of my osmosis on this matter seems to be in the reverse, so no matter how much I put into the code it seems to be getting less and less likely I can get it to work suitably in the admin side as a pull down list.

So . . how are you going with the java calander to add into the module? I like the pull down on the front end though! ;-)

Do you have something that seems OK and can be stuck into my pages to see how it goes? Better to work on the same thing then head off in different directions - if I get it OK on the backend may be able to add it to the package?
    Sorry FuzzyBunny - I got off track this past week with work. (I am a freelance production guy in new york city and last week was insane. It's how i pay rent and eat!! And eating is certainly a priority.)

Where are you with everything? Did you work out any of your own code?

Plugin Contributions

I installed this mod then had to uninstall it when I found out that no one could get to order step 3 (in v1.37).

I think part of the problem was an install of the gift wrapping mod which this client didn't need but that came as part of another mod which I did need for this client (if my memory is right..which it may not be!).

Both the gift wrapping mod and the date mod use the same areas of code in some of the same files and I could not figure out completely how to make the two live happily together.

So I uninstalled the date mod and resumed with our former method of customer date specification for this client. Client is a florist and while the method is not fancy, so far it works until I can get yours to reside happily on her site.

We have it set up as an attribute in each product and it carries through very nicely into admin and into the email with the customers order so the florist knows the delivery date with no problem. We also have a second attribute set up for the greeting card.

I know our simple system won't help any of you coders, but thought I would mention it as one never knows what may spark a thought. Sometimes bigger and better ideas came come from the thoughts of simple minds!!

Here is an example of what this looks like in her store (and *I* didn't pick the colors in the store...the client did! lol):

http://www.desertroseflorist.com/ind...products_id=53

betty

Plugin Contributions

Hi MrMeech,

On the admin side I tried two java apps - including the one that is used elsewhere in the admin - and could get niether of them to work.

I tried using:

- Bazillyo's Spiffy DHTML Popup Calendar (the one used elsewhere in admin and couldn't get a result at all ??? Couldn't figure this one out, so re-visiting on the weekend after they (hopefully) grant me permission to go into their yahoo group to get more info. http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/spiffyDHTML/ The court is out for me on this one.

- http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/calendarpopup/ - very similar app but a different function to get it to work - however the A HREF="#" function does not work with the forms on the admin side - resets/processes the whole page instead of calling the calendar - so no good here either.

The best way I see this functioning at this point is having the delivery date update work as a java pop-up itself (like some of the other admin contributions use to control 'elements' of the information. This way the list and the java apps may work and neither will have to default to the current delivery date when displayed so admin users won't 'accidentally' update the delivery date to the wrong one.

This is the updated list code, which has some updates to allow our shipping staff to update the delivery date historically, on weekends, etc as they need to do:

<!-- Begin Delivery Date Block -->
    <hr>
    <strong>Current Delivery Date: </strong><?php echo zen_date_long($order->info['order_delivery_date']); ?><br>
    <strong>Reset Delivery Date to: </strong>
    <select name="update_order_delivery_date">
    <?php
    $deliv_date = ($order->info['order_delivery_date']);

for ($i=-30, $n=365; $i < $n; $i++) {
    $now[$i] = strtotime ("+$i day", time());
    if ( strftime ("%w",$now[$i])<>"12-25"
    AND strftime ("%m-%d",$now[$i])<>"12-26"
    AND strftime ("%m-%d",$now[$i])<>"01-01"
    ){
    echo '<option value="'.strftime ("%Y-%m-%d",$now[$i]).'">'.strftime ("%d %B %Y (%A)",$now[$i]).'</option>';
    }
    }
    ?>
    </select>
    <?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '50', '1'); ?>
    <?php echo zen_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE); ?>
    <hr>
    <!-- End Delivery Date Block -->

** I have been looking at the php manual and tutorials online and trying to work out how to define the current delivery date and make that the default or selected day on the pull down list - so if the rest of the order is updated on a screen in 'editorders', 'superorder' or another admin contribution then the person updating the rest of the information own't change the delivery date UNLESS they actually change the delivery date pull down list.

** Pulling out my hair trying to get the current delivery date to default on the list, but I am learning quite a bit about php coding in the mean time (I used to run a html web site management company about 10 years ago and have been away from it for years, so have to work out what to do again!!)

So either we can work out how to get the current delivery date to be the default date displayed on the list . . . or . . . we put the list code above in a java popup and see how that goes . . that's my current line of thought at the moment.

Any suggestions or comments??

Thanks, Max

Plugin Contributions

Hey there betty,

I haven't got the giftwrap module, but do have some other modules that also were affected by the delivery date mod.

What I did was restore the old templates that were over written by the devliery date mod. The files that are in the delivery date mod are really well defined (thanks mrmeech and others) in the files and easy to find - the few bits of code from the few files that are updated just need to be added into the same files you don't want over written - this is REALLY easy and quick to do. Just investigate the zip file for the delivery date mod you downloaded.

We are wholesale flower growers and distributors, so don't need a wrap service, but otherwise a lot of the same requirements - ie. the delivery date!!!! ;-)

Hope this info helps, and I'm working on some added backend functionality with this also, which may be of use to you. I'll be posting anything good enough for others to use.

Plugin Contributions

<!-- Begin Delivery Date Block -->
    <hr>
    <strong>Current Delivery Date: </strong><?php echo zen_date_long($order->info['order_delivery_date']); ?><br>
    <strong>Reset Delivery Date to: </strong>
    <select name="update_order_delivery_date">
    <?php
    $deliv_date = ($order->info['order_delivery_date']);

for ($i=-30, $n=365; $i < $n; $i++) {
    $now[$i] = strtotime ("+$i day", time());
    if ( strftime ("%w",$now[$i])<>"12-25"
    AND strftime ("%m-%d",$now[$i])<>"12-26"
    AND strftime ("%m-%d",$now[$i])<>"01-01"
    ){
    echo '<option value="'.strftime ("%Y-%m-%d",$now[$i]).'">'.strftime ("%d %B %Y (%A)",$now[$i]).'</option>';
    }
    }
    ?>
    </select>
    <?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '50', '1'); ?>
    <?php echo zen_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE); ?>
    <hr>
    <!-- End Delivery Date Block -->
    Max!

Looks like you've been hard at work!

Is that code you've got written out above for the orders.php file on the admin side for when you are looking at the orders in the spreadsheet-like view? Or is that for when you are actually editing orders?

Also, i have to say, sorry for no response here this week - for all i knew, it was quiet on the support thread... but what really happened was zen cart stopped emailing the updates to the thread! Got it all fixed now, so that's good. I found a small issue with the mod when a paypal checkout is used but i can't figure out what exactly is causing it - i'm going to outline this in a post immediately following this one.

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast