Plugin Contributions

Default Setting up specials or sales while using a drop shipper

I’m using a drop shipper which supplies me a data feed to keep my inventory up to date with there’s. Now I have this data feed applying to my website every 15 minutes. In this data feed it shows the products that my distributor puts on sale so these prices changes on my website every time the data feed runs so I’m showing a lower price on some of these items. Now the customer won’t know when the price drop on these items. So I’m wondering if it’s possible when the price change on a item can it be automaticly be used as one of the items that goes on sale for that week or that month? Is this possible?

Default Re: Setting up specials or sales while using a drop shipper

I don't have an answer to your question, but I wondered if you could elaborate how you receive the data feed from your vendor. I'm trying to do the same thing, but I don't know anything about it.

Plugin Contributions

I am new to zencart. I am trying to setup a B2B data transfer to my vendor to give customer shipping information. They have specific requirements that it has to be in BISAC X12 format. I am not sure how it is done. Someone told me that it has something to do with the shopping cart?? I have found companies that will do it for a large fee. I also found one software program called ediXtra. Not sure how it completely works either.

Plugin Contributions

X12 is the organization that defines the standards for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange).

The whole thing sounds a lot more complicated than it is. The idea is that companies can exchange information (purchase orders, invoices,etc.) in the exact same format, so that the documents are machine-readable at either end. Mostly it has to do with where on a document the standard fields are located, and which fields are necessary.

In practice, the design of the documents is determined by the business with the most power in the relationship. If you want to do business with Walmart, you have to use (and pay dearly for) their form designs. Usually, they don't care if they do business with you or not.

Looks like you're in the book business, so check at http://www.bisg.org/bisac/ for a lot of good info.

There might be someone at the Commercial Help Wanted forum who could help you work this into Zencart. It might be as simple as formatting the order confirmation emal.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have a SAN's number and detail the company wants me to use. I figured I could use notepad to configure to their standards with the email_header.txt from file folder for purchase orders. And I have two companies I would like to drop ship.

I did not have THE BOOK and loaded zencart wrong when I setup site. Advice to all: BUY THE ZENCART BOOK!

My site is www.burnerbooks.com
    Zencart version 1.3.8a
    PHP version 4.3.11
    MySQL version 5.0.45

I downloaded http://www.bumpernut.com/purchaseorders.zip to my site. But did not work on my admin site under Extras. Can not find it? Any suggestions?

Again, Thank you.
    Kburner