Plugin Contributions

Default Product Database filename field 64 characters

Hello All,

Database Question.
    I am new to Zen cart and came here looking for others with the same problem as I will describe. I hope someone in the forums can help us fix this.
    Product_Image would show during the process of adding to the database via Admin/Catalog/Categories and Products page. However when I complete and go look at the items in the store the image would not be there.

First I looked at the resulting source code for the pages with broken pictures. I found that the filenames were cut off at 64th character.

I went in to the database and find that the product_image field is varchar(64).
    Now when we are going in to admin - new product the system takes the whole name no problem but when it gets sent to the database it gets chopped to the first 64 chars.
    I am certain this is the problem as I can rename my images to less than 64 characters and all is well.
    For myself I use long filenames as it is the start of my product description and filenaming process at the same time and I do not want to limit myself to 64 chars.
    Can someone tell me what will happen if I just get back into the database and bump this one field to varchar(255) ? I am not sure if changing this one particular field will affect the overall. I am certain that if I shortened this field I would corrupt other product images but am hoping that making it larger will not interfere elsewhere in the schema.

Anyone have a suggestion on this?

Sincerely, Antique

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Database filename field 64 characters

You can increase the size of the field to accommodate your long filenames ...

NOTE: be sure to back up your database before making changes to the database table structure ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!