Plugin Contributions

Default Order Confirmation Email- Remove CC

Howdy Folks! I haven't been around these parts for a while :)

Not sure if it's the lack of caffeine or just me being dense, but I cannot figure out how to remove the credit card number from appearing on order confirmation emails.

The middle numbers are xxxx'd out of course, but I would like to remove it completely.

I have accomplished removing it from the email template, but it still shows on text emails that are sent out.

Please help, or please send coffee!

Thanks! Have a great day!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Confirmation Email- Remove CC

And you don't want his because ...

As a consumer I do like to know which piece of plastic I used for which thing I bought so I can track the charges and refunds if needed.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

I am also looking to remove the credit card info from customer e-mail confirmation. I need to do it for some type of compliance as I was told we can't show more than 5 digits of a customer's credit card at any given time. I'd just like to remove it entirely, however I am not sure what file it is in.

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind. I was able to find it. It's in orders.php
    Search for the function "send_order_email"

Comment out this section:

if (is_object($GLOBALS[$_SESSION['payment']])) {
    $cc_num_display = (isset($this->info['cc_number']) && $this->info['cc_number'] != '') ? substr($this->info['cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($this->info['cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($this->info['cc_number'], -4) . "\n\n" : '';
    $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" .
    EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
    $payment_class = $_SESSION['payment'];
    $email_order .= $GLOBALS[$payment_class]->title . "\n\n";
    $email_order .= (isset($this->info['cc_type']) && $this->info['cc_type'] != '') ? $this->info['cc_type'] . ' ' . $cc_num_display . "\n\n" : '';
    $email_order .= ($GLOBALS[$payment_class]->email_footer) ? $GLOBALS[$payment_class]->email_footer . "\n\n" : '';
    } else {
    $email_order .= EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD . "\n" .
    EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n";
    $email_order .= PAYMENT_METHOD_GV . "\n\n";
    }
    $html_msg['PAYMENT_METHOD_TITLE'] = EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD;
    $html_msg['PAYMENT_METHOD_DETAIL'] = (is_object($GLOBALS[$_SESSION['payment']]) ? $GLOBALS[$payment_class]->title : PAYMENT_METHOD_GV );
    $html_msg['PAYMENT_METHOD_FOOTER'] = (is_object($GLOBALS[$_SESSION['payment']]) && $GLOBALS[$payment_class]->email_footer != '') ? nl2br($GLOBALS[$payment_class]->email_footer) : (isset($this->info['cc_type']) && $this->info['cc_type'] != '' ? $this->info['cc_type'] . ' ' . $cc_num_display . "\n\n" : '');

I also wanted to change the numbers provided in the confirmation email, but I didn't want to delete the entire command. If you take the first portion of the code mentioned in the previous post:
    $cc_num_display = (isset($this->info['cc_number']) && $this->info['cc_number'] != '') ? substr($this->info['cc_number'], 0, 4) . str_repeat('X', (strlen($this->info['cc_number']) - 8)) . substr($this->info['cc_number'], -4) . "\n\n" : '';
    And replace it with this:
    $cc_num_display = (isset($this->info['cc_number']) && $this->info['cc_number'] != '') ? str_repeat('X', (strlen($this->info['cc_number']) - 4)) . substr($this->info['cc_number'], -4) . "\n\n" : '';
    You'll end up with the following in your confirmation email:
    XXXXXXXXXXXX1111
    You can find the code in includes > classes > order.php. The code in question is near the end. Use the admin tool box to find the appropriate lines. I tested this out several times using 1.3.8a, and it's worked well so far. I prefer this method since you at least get the last four digits, but you hide the first four.