Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default A couple random questions, can someone look at my site?

Hi, I have a couple questions that if you look at my site maybe you can figure out and help me with please. First, I followed the instructions here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=tag+line+here about removing "tag line here" from the header, but when I do a search nothing comes up and it is right there in the header. Where do I edit to remove it?

Second, I have the sexypink template installed and it doesn't look like the demo to me. The sidebox headers are slightly cut off and if there's a way to fix that I would like to.

Next, is there a way to get the bar with Home and Log In to right under my logo so all that excess space is removed?

And last, the IE tab for my site when I have it open says Zen Cart! The Art of E-commerce, and I would like to edit it to reflect my site name.

If anyone can help me with these issues I would really appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A couple random questions, can someone look at my site?

Also, the Congratulations!.... is still showing even though I followed the tutorial and edited includes>languages>english>index.php and removed the text, left the quotes, and saved to includes>languages>english>CUSTOM. If anyone can help on that one too I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Your template folder is not CUSTOM, but SexyPink...

includes>languages>english>index.php

includes>languages>english>SexyPink>index.php

Plugin Contributions

Take a look here for the OVER-RIDES chart:-

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=298

Where you see people refer to CUSTOM (in capitals), this does not literally mean a folder called "CUSTOM". It means you need to replace the word CUSTOM, with your own template folder name.

In your case CUSTOM = SexyPink
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Also, your other questions have been answered scores of times in the forum. I'm sure that when you get your template over-rides sorted, you'll be able to adjust the many settings that govern layout and positioning.

Some useful tips...

If you need CSS tutorials, there are excellent ones at W3Cschools.

Use firefox browser with chris pederick Developer Toolkit Add-on and colorzilla add-on. This enables off-line css editing and a whole lot more...

Download free copy of Crimson Editor to do file editing.

Download free copy of winmerge to do file comparing / editing.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

The directions said "CUSTOM" so that's what I wrote in my post, but yes, I did save to sexypink with same results. Sorry, should have clarified that.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I have saved in includes>languages>english>sexypink>index.php lines 52-56:
    define('HEADING_TITLE', '');} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') { // This section deals with displaying a subcategory /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/ define('HEADING_TITLE', '');

The "Congratulations!..." is still showing, and I don't know how to get rid of it. Is there something else I should be editing? TIA!

Plugin Contributions

What those "programmer types" are trying to say is that they expect you to back up your original index.php file, and run off a (thenameyoupickgoeshere).php file.

Kinda like Gertrude Jones suddenly becoming known as Brandi Alexander, you know? You still keep the original, like the drivers license and birth certificate, but the regulars know you as Brandi...

I may be doing things wrong, but I rename the old index.php to index-php.bak, and just let a new index.php (with my edits) run things. I know that if index.php is still there, it gets read and used...

Many customers in the East St. Louis/Sauget club area? Would definitely be a spot for some marketing.

Plugin Contributions

bogie, that's not what anyone is saying! You need to copy the original file into folders which relate to your custom template. If you simply rename the original and keep your changes in the same folder, they will be overwritten with the next upgrade/update and your changes will be lost. Do yourself a favor and read the information on creating your own template.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Okay... What I've missed is how to target the thing to look at the new/changed/renamed files? Say I make a bogie.php - how does it know to look for it instead of index.php?

and what the fashion-victim at hand is doing is leaving two *.php files in the same directory, right? And that's also not a good thing, right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast