Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Where is credit card number

So does anyone know why the cc_number might have stopped getting stored in the database? I'm not sure how it could have and have looked through the admin pages to look for an option but can't seem to find one.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

So does anyone know why the cc_number might have stopped getting stored in the database?

It is not installed or even listed. Do I need to obtain it?
    The module that is part of an install must be there and enabled.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by benn600 View Post
    That's the way our internal system does it. As soon as the credit card is run, it is deleted as far as I know.

Please tell me what I need to do to get the credit card number saved in the orders table.
    I'm going to re-iterate what others have said as a response to your questions:

Sorry, no, we will not help you shoot yourself in the foot by storing complete credit card numbers in clear text on a database of a webserver connected to the internet.
    It's foolish practice, and one could construe any assistance to help you do such a thing could be considered an accomplice in liability suits.

If you want to figure out doing coding changes on your own, feel free. Do not post any such code on this forum though.
    If you don't feel comfortable doing that sort of coding yourself, you may certainly attempt to hire someone who might dare to take the risks you are requesting.

There are other ways of handling credit card details. Perhaps you should explore other ways of collecting payment, which are more secure and acceptable within the terms of merchant account agreements.

If your accounting software or accounting staff are inflexible on this issue, perhaps it's time to change something.

Do an internet search for PCI DSS standards, or telephone your merchant account bank/company and tell them what you're wanting to do, and ask their opinion. Chances are they'll shut you down in a hurry. http://www.pcicomplianceguide.org

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I understand and will absolutely look at using a payment gateway. What you're saying makes perfect sense.

Now all I want to do is restore original zencart functionality that somehow I broke, likely in the admin panel. the orders table used to get populated with 1111xxxxxxxx1111 in the cc_number field. Now, I am seeing nothing get added to this field. Under payment, I have the cc item enabled and am using it. Any idea why nothing gets put here anymore?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

If your accounting software or accounting staff are inflexible on this issue, perhaps it's time to change something.
    We did. We found a way and are going to use Authorize.net. Thanks for potentially saving us from future problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12