Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Not Shipping to Your Region Error

I created a new gift certificate yesterday but when the customer tries to buy it we get a "Not Shipping to Your Region" error message. I currently have other gift certificates in the store and they don't give the error message.

Customer is a repeat customer and other products don't give her this error message just this new gift certificate.

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Shipping to Your Region Error

What shipping modules do you have enabled?
    Is the FreeShipper module active?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I believe so: these are my shipping options:

Flat Rate flat 2 (button color is orange)
    FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper (button color is green)
    Store Pickup storepickup 3 (button color is orange)
    Zone Rates zones 1 (button color is green)

There's another Free Shipping Options free shipper but it's not installed because I have the other Free Shipping installed. (Free shipping based on order total.)

Suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

How did you set up your gift certificate?
    Here's an FAQ on the process: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=64

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just like the tutorial - I have other gift certificates and those have been working. But I just realized that some work for some people but won't work for others - all are in the US.

Example - the current GCs we offer are $10, $25, $50, $100, $150 and $200 all work for me - my shipping zone (CA) since I tested this back in 2006 when we set up the store. And the $25 worked for someone in FL this past December since he bought one for his wife for Christmas.

But they aren't working for the current repeat customer in New Jersey and thinking back I realized someone from Georgia wasn't able to order a GC in December (she had thought because she lives on a tiny rural road and the PO has trouble delivering that that was why the shipping error code came up).

So I'm thinking that there must be some bug. But why would it work for some states and not others? (bear in mind I'm not a programmer or geek. :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you've got your shipping modules restricted to zones that fall outside what the customers are trying to use.

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, it's only wonky for the gift certificates because actual physical product orders go through fine.

Any suggestions on how to change the shipping modules so that the gift certificates can go through?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart?
    What addons/contributions are installed?
    etc etc?

Plugin Contributions

I'm using 1.3.7

Addons:
    Advanced Cross Sell
    Combination Discounts

I think I fixed it. On my other gc's under the Product is Virtual section I had No Shipping address required. I changed all of them to Yes Skip Shipping Address.

So when I logged in as the customer from New Jersey I was able to add them to my cart and it still worked when I logged in as myself. :) So I'm going to assume it's fine now....

Thanks so much!!! You guys Rock!! The book is good but it doesn't cover everything. :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by deb View Post
    The book is good but it doesn't cover everything. :)
    The book is good, but is only 400 pages. You'd need a bookshelf to cover everything ... or even get close.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast