Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal IPN paiement received but no order in admin

Hello all, I've searched trough the forums for help with this one and I did not find anything. For me the paiement are made and they go in my paypal account. What does not work is that I do not see what's the order in the admin pannel. I tried to make an order myself many times and each times I do not get any error messages. By turning on Debug mode I received this

IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not find stored session in DB, cannot re-create session as PayPal IPN transaction.

What does this mean ?

Thanks !

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal IPN paiement received but no order in admin

Quote Originally Posted by mespert View Post
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not find stored session in DB, cannot re-create session as PayPal IPN transaction.

What does this mean ?
    That means that the IPN log you're looking at has nothing to do with any pending IPN notifications that your store is expecting from PayPal.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've been trough older posts that you made in 2006 and 2007 with this issue.
    I have 1.3.8a installed and just turned on the Paypal IPN module.

So you says my store cannot receive the info that paypal wants to send to it ?

Even if I have 1.3.8 should I apply the patch you made earlier in 2007 ?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Plugin Contributions

I tried to use PDT and now all works fine. Found it out in another of your great posts Dr.Byte ! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mespert View Post
    I tried to use PDT and now all works fine. Found it out in another of your great posts Dr.Byte ! Thank you!
    sorry guys, I 've read your post but things are not that clear for me. I have exactly this problem, can't see no orders in admin. actually, i can see the orders total, but not in details. cannot see the invoice, can't change the status either (pending, sent, etc.)

everything else seems to work fine, i receive confirmation from paypal, just cannot see the invoice page in admin, or any details of the orders, and this is with ANY method of payment.

at the moment, i configured the site to receive a copy of the customers order confirmation, so i can see what they are buying, but i would like for this to happen in admin. the version i'm using is the 1.3.8, and have successfully installed other 3 like that...no problems whatsoever....only this one seems to be problematic.

done loads of research and feel frustrated..can anybody help?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davide View Post
    sorry guys, I 've read your post but things are not that clear for me. I have exactly this problem, can't see no orders in admin. actually, i can see the orders total, but not in details. cannot see the invoice, can't change the status either (pending, sent, etc.)

everything else seems to work fine, i receive confirmation from paypal, just cannot see the invoice page in admin, or any details of the orders, and this is with ANY method of payment.

at the moment, i configured the site to receive a copy of the customers order confirmation, so i can see what they are buying, but i would like for this to happen in admin. the version i'm using is the 1.3.8, and have successfully installed other 3 like that...no problems whatsoever....only this one seems to be problematic.

done loads of research and feel frustrated..can anybody help?

thanks
    I know this might seem like a really stupid question but have you verified your paypal account? I had the same problem and it was this that was stopping the orders from showing up.

As soon as I verified my new business account the orders did appear in admin.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pegog View Post
    I know this might seem like a really stupid question but have you verified your paypal account? I had the same problem and it was this that was stopping the orders from showing up.

As soon as I verified my new business account the orders did appear in admin.
    well, i don't think the paypal account has anything to do with this, firstly because you may choose NOT to use paypal as a method of payment, you still should be able to see the orders details in admin (with the invoice), secondly because the paypal account works fine, i receive the payment confirmation from paypal regularly, the customer receive all info (confirmation order, paypal mail etc).

in the other 3 site i've done with this same version of zen cart, the paypal is not yet configured (people choose other method of payment, such as bank transfer etc.), but admin records orders and generate invoices with no problems at all.

to be more clear, in the order page in admin, on the right hand side, normally you'll see 4 buttons: EDIT, DELETE, INVOICE, PACKING SLIP, and just below, you 'll read the products ordered. by clicking on INVOICE, you 'll see the details of the order.
    in this problematic website, instead, i don't see this 4 BUTTONS as above!! i can just see the fields: ID, customer, orders total, date purchased, status, customers comment, action. there is something missing: the 4 BUTTONS above which give you access to orders details, let you change the status of the orders,
    and see the invoice.

and i f i click on edit (in the action field) i go to an admin blank page, which means a page with all the headings of any other admin page, but with no fields inside..nothing. so no chance to visualize order details and no chance to edit the orders.

the paypal account you mentioned i believe is correctly set and verified, and works fine as explained above. i receive paypal mail, customers receive order confirmation mail, etc.

the only thing is missing is the orders details in admin....

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're getting blank pages or incomplete pages, then you've got PHP errors happening.
    This FAQ talks about ways to find the corrupt file or the syntax error you've got on your site: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you're getting blank pages or incomplete pages, then you've got PHP errors happening.
    This FAQ talks about ways to find the corrupt file or the syntax error you've got on your site: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82
    thanks. i followed instructions which were clear, and got to the debug log which gave me this result (it seems to point at the right problem)

[20-giu-2008 00:22:42] PHP Warning: main(includes/classes/order.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/XXXXXXXXX.com/httpdocs/admin/orders.php on line 15
    [20-giu-2008 00:22:42] PHP Warning: main(includes/classes/order.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/XXXXXXXXX.com/httpdocs/admin/orders.php on line 15
    [20-giu-2008 00:22:42] PHP Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/classes/order.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /var/www/vhosts/XXXXXXXXX.com/httpdocs/admin/orders.php on line 15
    [20-giu-2008 00:22:42] PHP Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: order in /var/www/vhosts/XXXXXXXXX.com/httpdocs/admin/orders.php on line 881

it seems i've got a file missing includes/classes/order.php. i checked and in fact..it's not there.
    could I simply add this file in the admin/includes/classes folder? (perhaps after doing a backup?)
    i've got an almost identical site which works (i suspect the file got missing during the first ftp session when uploading the site) perhaps i could get the file from that good site and paste it in....

what do you think?

Plugin Contributions

I would suggest you download the complete package from Source Forge, unzip it on your desktop and compare all the files with your live site - if one is missing it is possible there are more. Then replace any missing or corrupted files with copies from the distribution.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.