Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKD-Zen-Cart Japanese Pack

I found it!
    By comparing the form page to send message from admin in different languages I found an error in the japanese.php file (the admin one) on line 63:
    define('CHARSET', 'utf8');
    It should be this:
    define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');
    The '-' was missing. I checked your pack and it is missing too. It is not something I touched. Perhaps on your system it is working fine if you use some UNIX system with UTF-8 but on Windows xp which is not in Japanese it doesn't as when you imput Japanese in a form it is Shift-jis encoded I think if no other encoding is set.
    I hope you didn't waste too much time with this as you seem to be very busy.
    I think now everything is working perfectly... until next bug appears.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update there. I only use Linux servers. I will update the pack on that. And yes, I have been really busy.

On a different note, I will be uploading changes to the pack soon. As the way customer postal codes are taken will be changed. The paypal file will be deleted from the pack and 2 more files will be overridden and one core file will be changed.

You can see more here.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=103678&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by pilou2 View Post
    I found it!
    By comparing the form page to send message from admin in different languages I found an error in the japanese.php file (the admin one) on line 63:
    define('CHARSET', 'utf8');
    It should be this:
    define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');
    The '-' was missing. I checked your pack and it is missing too. It is not something I touched. Perhaps on your system it is working fine if you use some UNIX system with UTF-8 but on Windows xp which is not in Japanese it doesn't as when you imput Japanese in a form it is Shift-jis encoded I think if no other encoding is set.
    I hope you didn't waste too much time with this as you seem to be very busy.
    I think now everything is working perfectly... until next bug appears.

Plugin Contributions

To the two people who said they had checkout problems. I have no problem with this.

I know that's no help, but I would check for a php white space error, check if you have any files that deal with the checkout area with blank spaces after the final closing php tag, "?>"

Regards,

CKD

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much, CKD, for such a great language pack and dedication to getting it right. As a new Zenner, it really makes me feel enthusiastic about this community to have such awesome members!

(Oh, and by the way this saved my sanity:

Quote Originally Posted by pilou2 View Post
    I found the answer to my last trouble with the pull down menu not working everywhere. In fact you have to copy the file "jscript_addr_pulldowns.php" created in "/includes/modules/pages/create_account/" to 3 other folders:

../includes/modules/pages/checkout_payment_address/
    ../includes/modules/pages/login/
    ../includes/modules/pages/popup_shipping_estimator/

Then all pull down menu will work.
    I'd been banging my head against this for an hour trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Feel free to put this in bold on your site, and blinking, with fireworks for slow folks like myself... )

Thanks again to both you and pilou2!

Alex

Plugin Contributions

Default Prob with dropdowns

Thanks very much Crystal Koi for all your work.

I'm having trouble with the Japanese-English zone dropdowns. The Japanese text appears as ??? (Please see http://floatingworldweb.com/agora/in...in&language=ja)
    All the other Japanese in the site appears fine.

Having followed all of the steps in your website except the first, I'm guessing it might be the encoding in the database. (The database and store were already installed before I came along to install Japanese.)

I've tried to change the collation encoding of the database to utf-general-ci, but the individual tables remain latin-swedish-ci. Changing the zone table and text rows in it enabled me to get the Japanese text into the table, but the output for the final user is still ???

I'm guessing I should set up a new database with utf-general-ci encoding from scratch, but can't really work it out. Is there an easy way to change my database encoding properly, or copy it to another database with correct encoding, or otherwise fix my mess?
    Last edited by shen; 30 Sep 2008 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Prob with dropdowns

FOLLOWUP INFO

I've successfully transferred to a new database entirely in utf-general-ci. The Japanese zone names in the database 'zones' table all appear OK, yet on the page they STILL appear as ???

Please help - what could I be doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Followup two:
    Managed to get it sorted out...

First up, did a fresh install of Zencart, but when it told me the database it would create I beat it there and set the encoding as recommended.

Secondly, exported my original database, ensured the encoding wouldn't change by editing the SQL file, then imported to the new database.

Changed the pointers in my original Zencart's configure.php files to use the new database.

Then when setting up the jscript_addr_pulldowns.php files I copied in the kanji manually.

Plugin Contributions

@shen,

Sorry I wasn't around to help you out there. But there is nothing better than learning the hard way and doing it on your own. I'm glad to see you got it all worked out.

Regards,

CKD

Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping and payment modules

No worries CrystalKoi. It is working out so far, although I don't know why the first step in setting up the dropdowns produced all those ???s. Hopefully there won't be similar problems in future when pulling Japanese from the database.

NOW, I'd like some advice on setting up Japanese shipping and payment modules. I can't really find that info anywhere - any leads?

Plugin Contributions

Mmm, still having troubles with getting the Japanese prefecture names out of the zones table properly. I've tried installing the shipping modules from the Japanese localisation pack available from zencart.com, and I'm having many troubles. First of all that the zone names are coming to the shipping module code as ???

What to do? The checks for UTF-8 encoding are all OK - the database tables and rows are all utf-general-ci and I can read the Japanese zone names via PHPMyAdmin.

Hasn't anybody set up Japanese shipping modules (eg Yamato, Sagawa) in Zen Cart to work with the CKD Japanese language pack?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast