Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UTF-8 Zen-Cart Tutorial

I did converted my website for UTF-8 before i found your thread but i did basicaly most of the things described.
    So we can accept that "yes it did work for me", actually, i converted my files from Windows-1251 to UTF-8 as an aditional work, because if you use old encoding, you end up with a mess, or as i like to say MESS.

Actually it is very nice article, even short - full of information.
    Lazy_666
    The One & Only
    http://www.nani-na.biz

Plugin Contributions

If not UTF8 encoded, can I use Japanese pack correctly? If yes, there is known problem with that?
    ##############################___
    MiuMiu Handbags

Plugin Contributions

Never tried Japanese, but with my experience with Bulgarian (completely different character set) u cant. At least not without heavy modifications...
    Lazy_666
    The One & Only

Plugin Contributions

@alvalong

You can, but if you don't already have a cart going, there really is not reason not to. You will have less problems running it in UTF-8.

You can, just run the Japanese side in UTF-8 though.

Good Luck
    CKD

ps. I am busy until next week, so I can't test the checkout pages just right yet, for anyone that is having problems with this. If you are having problems, let me know if you setup a custom template for it, and if you are doing the zone drop down in both languages.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I have a strange problem with building a UTF8 Zencart.

Now I am trying to move my Zencart shop from my old server to a new one. I built the shop by using UTF8 code and it works fine on my old server. But after I moved the shop, I am facing some character code issue.
    When I restored my backup copy to the new server, it could display correct characters on both MySql(PHPMyAdmin) and my Zencart shop, but when I input some data from my web shop(for instance, input personal data when signing up for a new account or add a new product from admin page), the characters will become a mess. Besides, if I insert the data from PHPMyAdmin, everything will be fine.
    I followed the directions of this post to install a fresh Zencart with UTF8 in my new server but still have the same problem.
    Does any one know what could be the reason of this issue? Thank you for your advice in advance.

Plugin Contributions

have you changed query_factory.php ?
    Lazy_666
    The One & Only

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I have changed it

Plugin Contributions

Whats your Collation settings in phpMyAdmin?

Did you do this?

Go to phpMyAdmin->Operations. From there go to Collation and change it to "utf8_general_ci", then hit "Go".

Quote Originally Posted by nurapipi View Post
    Hello,

I have a strange problem with building a UTF8 Zencart.

Now I am trying to move my Zencart shop from my old server to a new one. I built the shop by using UTF8 code and it works fine on my old server. But after I moved the shop, I am facing some character code issue.
    When I restored my backup copy to the new server, it could display correct characters on both MySql(PHPMyAdmin) and my Zencart shop, but when I input some data from my web shop(for instance, input personal data when signing up for a new account or add a new product from admin page), the characters will become a mess. Besides, if I insert the data from PHPMyAdmin, everything will be fine.
    I followed the directions of this post to install a fresh Zencart with UTF8 in my new server but still have the same problem.
    Does any one know what could be the reason of this issue? Thank you for your advice in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Actually that shouldn't be your problem...I would go over the steps again and check your code. Check it anyways, the collation.

Maybe start with a fresh cart on your new server and start form scratch there and see if you get the same results. Not fun, I know, but its a good way to learn.

Good luck,

CKD

Plugin Contributions

narupipi,
    You didn't say from which server to which server you transfered your zencart?
    it could be a collation trouble as it is platform dependent.
    Look at your language files and try different collation...
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, 'ja_JP.utf8'); this one for example will work perfectly on a Unix system but not on Windows server where this is better:
    @setlocale(LC_TIME, 'ja');

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast