Plugin Contributions

Default Can I restrict so that a Coupon can only be used for one Payment Method?

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to restrict the use of a coupon to just one payment method? I would like to enable a customer to receive a coupon but they can only redeem it for the Bank Transfer payment option, not any others.
    I want really my customers to pay with this method as the other metjods Paypal, CC involves additional charges and is not as safe, so I plan on offering a discount (using a coupon) if they pay with Bank Transfer.

Hopefully someone else has done something like this before.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I restrict so that a Coupon can only be used for one Payment Method?

I am looking for something like this as well (but for our Paypal customers).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I restrict so that a Coupon can only be used for one Payment Method?

Looking for something like this too. I want to offer only Registered Mail when a customer pays by PayPal. That way, at least there is a tracking number. Thanks a million.

Plugin Contributions

Add me to the list.
    Cheers!
    v2.0+

Plugin Contributions

I am afraid we do not have anything like that as it is more or less the same as saying pay more if you use Visa ... or PayPal and that is against the TOS for most everyone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I am afraid we do not have anything like that as it is more or less the same as saying pay more if you use Visa ... or PayPal and that is against the TOS for most everyone ...
    Who's TOS? I've been looking for hotel rooms lately and have run across several that say they charge more for credit card payments ($5/night extra). Other local merchants (guitar shop, bike store) have signs posted that they add 3% to any credit card purchase, or that they offer a 3% discount for cash/check.

Is this TOS of the credit card companies? Processors? ZenCart philosophy?

-- Kimball

Plugin Contributions

It would be against the TOS of the credit card companies.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Actually, it isn't in Australia, most online stores offer a discount if you pay with Bank Transfer, or alternatively charge you extra for using a credit card. The law to allow this was brought in a few years ago, much to the dislike of the credit card companies. But the system leads to a lot less frauds for online retailers. Shame the credit card companies have so much money to lobby lawmakers in other countries.