Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Fastway Courier, PostCode based shipping method

I am having a serious mind block here. It all sems simple when I think about it, then I goto do it and it all turns to custard.

If someone would be so kind as to tell me I'm a silly bugger and I should just do!!!!!! THen I can finally get this out of the way.

Heres what I want to do:
    We only ship within NZ, North and south islands.
    Local shipping with our North Island region is cost per weight
    Ballance of north island is another cost per weight
    South island is another cost per weight

It seems simple, and I didn't want to mess about with zip codes and the like because I am to lazy to set them all up

We also have some items we are not allowed to ship and must be uplifted.

Any thoughts would be helpful

Regards

Fred

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping in NZ - help to figure this out

Quote Originally Posted by FredZ View Post
    It seems simple, and I didn't want to mess about with zip codes and the like because I am to lazy to set them all up
    Unless you're prepared to set up the zones, zone Definitions which relate to the shipping module, how do you think you can apply three shipping rates based upon a customers address?

You'd want your customer to select shipping based upon whatever region you set up within that country (zones).

No shortcut to do this properly.

Plugin Contributions

hehehe, well I had to try. but seriously, today was raining so I could'nt work outside, so I sat down in front of my rusty old PC and rewrote the SQL statements for the "Fastway" module. Blow me if it didn't work a treat. The only thing it doesn't do is add the handling fee, but I guess I will sort that out by the end of tonight.

If anyone out there has all the postcodes for rural delivery for NZ I would like a copy to complete the module. It currently only covers addresses that can be delivered by your postie.

If anyone wants a copy of the fastway module and/or my SQL file along with my documentation, just ask.

Now that I have the site operational, I guess I can now start to customise it instead of it looking like I took it out of the box and used it.

Regards

Fred

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FredZ View Post
    hehehe, well I had to try. but seriously, today was raining so I could'nt work outside, so I sat down in front of my rusty old PC and rewrote the SQL statements for the "Fastway" module. Blow me if it didn't work a treat. The only thing it doesn't do is add the handling fee, but I guess I will sort that out by the end of tonight.

If anyone out there has all the postcodes for rural delivery for NZ I would like a copy to complete the module. It currently only covers addresses that can be delivered by your postie.

If anyone wants a copy of the fastway module and/or my SQL file along with my documentation, just ask.

Now that I have the site operational, I guess I can now start to customise it instead of it looking like I took it out of the box and used it.

Regards

Fred
    I used 18 zones for NZ which I set up in zones:

New Zealand All- Others XX
    New Zealand Auckland City AU
    New Zealand Auckland RegionAR
    New Zealand Bay of Plenty BP
    New Zealand Canturbury CA
    New Zealand Gisborne GI
    New Zealand Hawkes Bay HB
    New Zealand Malborough MA
    New Zealand Nelson NE
    New Zealand Northland NO
    New Zealand Otago OT
    New Zealand Southland SO
    New Zealand Taranaki TA
    New Zealand Tasman TS
    New Zealand Waikato WK
    New Zealand Wanganui Manawatu WM
    New Zealand Wellington WE
    New Zealand West Coast WC

Note: that fastaway mod is it available in the dl section? Wouldn't mind trying it myself. Currently using MultiGeoZone, which also works great.

Plugin Contributions

oh yeah, if its the postal codes you need then go here:

http://www.nzpost.co.nz/Cultures/en-...eDirectory.htm

I find it easier to break it down by region.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't see the module in the downloads when I just checked, from memory I found it in a link in one of the forums. I didn't (and still don't) know how to setup the zones, so it was easier for me to setup the postcodes in mysql, around 2400 lines.

If you can't find the fastway module just PM me and I will email it to you along with the work I have done on it. From memory it is a module modified from another ecommerce product, and it has all of the Ausi stuff in the database. I am using ZC 1.3.7 and it works.

I looked at the NZPost site. My issue with that is it is all in PDF, and I am not going to wade through those for days on end in an attempt to find what I am looking for. I rang NZ Post in an attempt to get it all in other electronic formats, they wanted $1000. The call ended then. I will continue to search for a copy/paste solution.

Regards

Fred

Plugin Contributions

re post codes..

As its a pdf document (not an image) you can just copy and paste it all into notepad or even retain the table format, paste directly into spreadsheet, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Default Australian Couriers, PostCode based shipping method

Hi,

Currently setting up my first Zen Cart v1.38a.
    I'm in Australia, sell within Australia only. I do not use Australia post as all my items are over the Aus Posts size limits of 20~kg. So i use a courier. Most couriers in Australia charge by weight (actual or cubic weight, whatevers higher) X the rate, the rate varies depending on where the customer lives. Unlike the US the difference in cost to send to your neighbour state vs state on the other side of the country is Huge. Furthermore sending it to rural areas in said state vary in cost greatly also.

I'm after a way to the following:

Customer enters in their Post Code, a drop down list of suburbs that are within that postcode appears, customer chooses suburb. Shipping is calculated by weight * rate (which varies depending on postcode) + flat rate consignment fee.

I've searched and searched, and i have found something similiar called the 'Fastway courier module' however it seems to be for an older version and not exactly what i'm after.

I have a database of all australian postcodes & matching suburbs, so putting all the data in the database shouldn't be too difficult, - actual coding is way above my head though.

We currently are using a third party company to hose our shopping cart, this third party is an australian company and thus have created their own shipping module which does exactly this. You can see it in action at my old site here - www.mojodirect.com.au - simply add something to your cart and the following screen you will be able to enter a postcode (eg 3155) a drop down box appears where you select the suburb, and then your delivery cost is automatically calculated.

I'm surprised their aren't more Australians out there after a module like this?
    If anyone knows a way of doing this - please guide me in the right direction. Otherwise we might have to pay a pro to create it.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Australian Couriers, PostCode based shipping method

Here an Oscommerce module that is very similiar - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2266

And here is the 'Fastway' module i was talking about earlier
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38389

This may be able to do what i'm after - however the download links aren't working. If anyone has a link to the Fastway module please let me know!
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Australian Couriers, PostCode based shipping method

newmediastudio.com.au/zencart/fastsway_v1.0.1.zip
    this is the link we used.
    Last edited by Kim; 9 Mar 2010 at 04:42 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast