Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dependant Attributes - Can I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The products_with_attributes_stock table is inserted by the SQL for stock_by_attributes. If you can't see it in your database, that means a problem with your stock_by_attributes installation. This problem would need to be resolved before you can get any further with dependant attributes. Did you run the stock_by_attributes SQL? Did it give you any errors? Did you run it though a database management tool, phpMyAdmin or the install SQL patch function in the Admin?
    Thank you SO MUCH for responding. I did not try re-installing the stock_by_attributes module. I will try that now and post again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jan51 View Post
    Is the second dropdown box dependent on the first one? For example, can size small in the first drop-down box have one set of colors in the second box and size 5XL have a second set of colors? Or are the values in the second box the same regardless of what is chosen in the first box? If these are TRULY dependent dropdown boxes, I have been waiting for this for years! I haven't been able to use Zen Cart because the only workaround I've been able to live with is to use stock levels to control color choices for different sizes. I was only able to do it with some special mods I got for CubeCart. If dependent attributes are available in Zen, I will definitely switch!

Yes, the values in the 2nd box are dependent on what is selected in the first box.

Plugin Contributions

As an update, I do have this working now. THANKS!

Plugin Contributions

So has anyone tried this for three different attributes?

Example: Style, Size, Color.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VCSharpin View Post
    Yes, the values in the 2nd box are dependent on what is selected in the first box.
    How do you choose which order is dependant on which?

My options sort order Size 1, Colour 5 but they first drop down is colour and the second one is size. Is it working on the alpha name of the option?

Christine

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by VCSharpin View Post
    As an update, I do have this working now. THANKS!
    I saw your site and it works great! However, I cannot seem to get the dependent attributes to work on mine...any advice to what you did?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Oakwood View Post
    I saw your site and it works great! However, I cannot seem to get the dependent attributes to work on mine...any advice to what you did?
    There are two steps to the install. First you have to install the stock_by_attributes module. Then you have to install the dependent attributes module.

I did not install the other stock_by_attributes module first. It's in the instructions for the dependent attributes module, but it's easy to miss.

Plugin Contributions

I installed the latest release of both mods, but no dice. Im testing it now, with a product, (size - mens or ladies; color - white, green, black). Set all at 1000 execpt mens black and ladies green, which I set to zero.

I noticed that on your site in the source code, there is javascript running on the attributes table, but not on mine...but I'm still not certain what I did wrong.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there...I've installed this and it i don't get any errors but it doesn't work properly either. I have 4 attributes and when i view the product i see 4 dropdowns instructing me to select the first attribute. when i click the dropdown for the first attribute they are listed correctly. if i select an attribute and then proceed to the second attribute there is nothing listed in the dropdown. it still says select the first attribute. it seems that after selecting the first attribute it's not refreshing the other drop downs.

Plugin Contributions

Check your Products with Attributes option under Catalog. Make sure that all four attributes are checked off as defining what determines stock. I had a similar problem when I only selected 1 of the 2 options on that screen.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast