Plugin Contributions

Default Finished install, now no main page.

I finally got a cart loaded and installed on an IIS server (makes me love linux that much more...), and now I can log into the admin area just fine, but! I have no front page.

I installed in the root of my folder, and now whenever the URL is entered (in Firefox, on a cleared cache) it automatically heads to the admin login page. Something is not quite right there.

For anyone who would like a look, head to
    www.strawberryfieldsmusic.com

I appreciate the help in advance folks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Finished install, now no main page.

FAQ on troubleshooting blank-page issues:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82 (try step 2a first)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

No dice. I'm not seeing any flaws with your recommendation.

What are the server settings I should have? I'm on dotster for this project,(advanced windows hosting) and I have a feeling that the defaults are all sorts of screwed up for zc. Site permissions should look like what?

Thanks again folks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I suppose you could start by removing all .htaccess files, since IIS does weird things with those.
    Then check to be sure that you don't have anything setup to do any redirects from your home page.
    Also check that the "index.php" in your store root is the correct file.
    Check that you don't have any other "index.xxxxx" files in your webroot, as these could be redirecting to another folder unexpectedly.

Permissions: Nothing special in order to get Zen Cart to "run". Make sure everything's readable.
    The FAQs area has additional discussion about permissions settings, but those are irrelevant until you have it running.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=9

You should talk to your hosting company or whoever is your server administrator for specific assistance.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not sure if you're still working on this but I clicked on your website link and it took me to your admin login page.
    Steve
    Zen cart version: 1.3.9h

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FatGuyinAZ View Post
    I'm not sure if you're still working on this but I clicked on your website link and it took me to your admin login page.
    I think that's what he was saying in the first place:
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoben View Post
    I installed in the root of my folder, and now whenever the URL is entered (in Firefox, on a cleared cache) it automatically heads to the admin login page. Something is not quite right there.

Plugin Contributions

lol see what happens when I read stuff with 1 bloodshot eye!
    Steve
    Zen cart version: 1.3.9h