Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal issue, receive payment but no order, curltest fine but ipncheck fails

Howdy and thanks for taking the time to read this thread. I've been watching this forum for several months waiting for someone to ask about a problem that is the same as mine. I've read the many posts on this subject (and there are plenty of them!) but none seem exactly as mine.

I've never received an order using the Paypal Website standard payment module. I receive the payment but no order in admin and the customer receives no order confirmation email from my site. Other payment modules work as they should - they don't contact an outside payment gateway like Paypal.

I'm in Australia so I'm using Paypal's Website Payments Standard, although I did try Website Payments Pro & Express Checkout to no avail.

A little bit about my site: It's Zencart version 1.3.8a with Database Patch Level 1.3.8. I updated from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8.

I'm set up with Paypal Business account, IPN set to On using the ipn_main_handler.php. Auto Return is on with the return page to /index.php?main_page=checkout_process. PDT off (tried with it on to no avail). I even tried applying for an API Signature to use with Paypal express to no avail - now removed.

I'm using the AustPost module by VCSWEB - the latest updated version.

I tried running the curltest.php and it responded with "Good". However I ran the ipncheck.php with not so good results and got the following:

IPNCHECK.PHP - Version 1.0

IPN TESTING - POSTING to PayPal via: proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128

Warning: fsockopen() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/REMOVED/public_html/ipncheck.php on line 81
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128 ()

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
    Trying again without SSL ...

Warning: fsockopen() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/REMOVED/public_html/ipncheck.php on line 85
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details = proxy.shr.secureserver.net:3128 ()

www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
    Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/REMOVED/public_html/ipncheck.php on line 91

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/REMOVED/public_html/ipncheck.php on line 94

Warning: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/REMOVED/public_html/ipncheck.php on line 94
    .......this goes on forever....

I only enabled curl because the same thing was happening, Paypal payment received, but no order in admin. It seems to me that the IPN is not reaching my site.

I email my host asking a silly question like: why are ports 80 and 443 not biodirectional and their response was that to have those ports open was insecure. They told me to try http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal and while the zen-cart wiki is a great source of info, it didn't answer my question. My zencart script appears to be set up just fine and I've gone over it 100 times as it's been driving me nuts.

I tried a fresh install incase I'd somehow corrupted the Paypal mod or script somewhere but the samething happens, Paypal payment but no admin order.

I've had to install the View Stuck Papal orders module just to find out what my customers have order - quite tedious but there is no other way.

Me thinks I may have to change hosting provider. Does anyone else think this might have something to do with my problem. If the IPN can't get through to my site using curl or not using curl what other problem could it be?

Hope I've covered all the bases - the easy ones that is. I understand you guys a volunteres, but you are valuable volunteres so I'm begging you if you can help please do as I've had this problem for approx 14 months now. Thanks for the time taken to read my post.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal issue, receive payment but no order, curltest fine but ipncheck fails

The fact that your host has disabled fsockopen() is going to cause you problems.

Also, your ipncheck output suggests that you've enabled CURL proxy and specified GoDaddy's proxy server. If you're not hosted with GoDaddy, then you probably don't want the CURL proxy enabled.
    Granted, that won't solve your fsockopen() problem, which is a configuration setting only your server administrator can control.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.