Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Estimator showing blank rates, UPS XML Mod. ZC v1.2.6

This is a new problem that cropped up on a live 1.2.7 store in the last couple of days. This store uses the UPS XML mod and it was working fine last week. This morning the owner contacted me to report that the estimator pop up window is showing blank (nothing) under the line for "shipping methods" and "rates".

I have tried copying all the data from the mod as it was exactly and reintalling the mod. No cigar. I tried changing the sort order of the mod (even tho no others are enabled). I have checked to make sure we did not customize the Shipping Estimator template (we did not, it's just the default).

Any ideas what I should be looking for? It seems as is there is no shipping method detected?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Estimator showing blank rates, UPS XML Mod. ZC v1.2.6

I still have not resolved this issue, but here is some more info that might help us delve down into the problem...

- I suspected it might have something to do with a change to UPS's system or to the way the UPS XML mod is communicating with UPS. I have ruled this out, because another customer with the same set up and the same version of ZenCart is not having this problem.

- I tried to re-upload the original default template for the shipping estimator pop up page. This did not change the issue.

- The missing rates happen no matter if you are logged in or a guest who selects the region.

Plugin Contributions

What do you see on checkout_shipping when you login?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Just an aside - If your host upgrades to php 5+ those shops are going to break. They need upgrading.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the replies, everyone.

Linda - the checkout_shipping page appears ok. It is properly displaying my account name and address at top, then a series of shipping options from UPS with the first pre-selection, then a comment box and the submit button.

Kim - Oh how I wish they would upgrade! We have discussed this a few times, and they basically just are not willing to pay us for the work right now. Despite that I love my customers very much, we just can't do anymore free work for them. :)
    As for the PHP note, this particular web site is still on our hosting platform with PHP 4 at the moment.

Plugin Contributions

Sadly, this issue has not yet been resolved. I have tried disabling the shipping estimator button on the shopping cart page (changing the setting under Configuration > Shipping/Packaging to 0) and then re-enabling it again. No change.

I tried to reinstall the UPSXML mod twice. NO change.

I tried reuploading the default shipping estimator template. No change.

To be clear, what the users are seeing is the pop up window with the "ship to" info or region at the top, a line with headings for "shipping method" and rates", the horizontal line, a blank space (no values, nothing), and the close window link.

Kind of like this:

--------
    [ Close Window ]

Shipping Estimate:

Items in Cart: 2
    Address: Austin, TX 78759 United States
    Ship to: person name and address
    United States
    Shipping Methods: Rates:

[ Close Window ]

Plugin Contributions

Have you come across any fix for this problem yet?

I'm in a similar (if not the same) situation where we're rebuilding our shop under 1.3.8, and based in Canada. We need to use the UPS_xml module, but the estimator and shipping options are coming up blank as you've described.

Our store is currently running under 1.3.6 with ups_xml and there is no issue.

I'm getting desperate for a solution on this also.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, there. Yes, this did get resolved by a server admin shortly after doing some testing and restarting Apache. I do not recall specifically what the problem was, I think it had to do with part of a recent PHP upgrade. I will ask him and write back with more details.

Quote Originally Posted by tqualizer View Post
    Have you come across any fix for this problem yet?

I'm in a similar (if not the same) situation where we're rebuilding our shop under 1.3.8, and based in Canada. We need to use the UPS_xml module, but the estimator and shipping options are coming up blank as you've described.

Our store is currently running under 1.3.6 with ups_xml and there is no issue.

I'm getting desperate for a solution on this also.