Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Yes! Set it up by weight

Ok. That's what I thought.

Just tried it again. Still no luck.

Dave

Plugin Contributions

I haven't used the patch, but the shipping module is now working. Maybe Canada Post did something on their end.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thebeadyeye View Post
    I haven't used the patch, but the shipping module is now working. Maybe Canada Post did something on their end.

Confirmed.

Canada Post has fixed this issue. No patch needed anymore. You can revert back to the old code.

Plugin Contributions

Not really, it is a temporary fix, below what I got from CanadaPost:

Good Afternoon Z........,

Yesterday afternoon we made a temporary change to our infrastructure to allow customer websites to function with Sell Online.
    The eStores from your incident should be functioning OK right now.
    There is an issue coming however; we implemented a temporary change will be rolled back in time.
    As I noticed from your incident many of the customer sites use ZenCart – and the developer forum for Zen Cart has a fix that works when we roll back.
    Please see this URL:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ht=canada+post

The OpenCart product is different and I have not seen a solution for it yet.

Can you confirm that the sites you reported are currently working, and provide them with the ZenCart forum (it will be needed when we revert our change.)

Thanks

and then After my reply I received another one:

Canada Post should be sending out a notification prior to when we revert our temporary fix.
    We will be providing them a timeline and text so I’m sure you have about a month before this comes along.

Please ensure you have an email added to you Sell Online account as that is what we use for communications and if it’s missing we don’t have any way to track them down.
    If you are switching your stores to Open Cart and Presta Shop – take a look at the developer forum on Canada Post web site.
    I would recommend using those web services for shipping instead of this much older Sell Online.
    Here is the URL for the developer program: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/drc/home

Thanks

I am posting above two messages as I believe a lot of you are frustrated want to get rid of this major issue.

A wise idea would be to enable shipping table in case of similar disaster, it will permit your customers to check out and you won't lose money (maybe some if the weight is not accurate)(I am using a weight based table from Canada to Canada and USA, was hard to me to figure out table for international shipping. Will work on it soon based on my experience.

I have 4 webstores based on Zen Cart: (www.Crystalstrass.com) (www.Crystallightingparts.com) (www.Chandelierspareparts.com) (www.Crystallampparts.com) and one based on OpenCart (www.roklight.com/webstore)
    LuceCrystal your online source for crystals and parts for chandelier.

Plugin Contributions

As of 3:30PM today the Canadapost module is down again. I called Canadapost and opened a ticket with sellonline support, still waiting for a callback. Anybody experiencing any problems? The fix from Cryptocoins from 2 pages back was working fine for 2 weeks, now are it again? or they are at it again? If anybody has any updates please let us know.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by oxxyfx View Post
    As of 3:30PM today the Canadapost module is down again. I called Canadapost and opened a ticket with sellonline support, still waiting for a callback. Anybody experiencing any problems? The fix from Cryptocoins from 2 pages back was working fine for 2 weeks, now are it again? or they are at it again? If anybody has any updates please let us know.
    Have same problem. When add item to cart the web site churns and churns and doesn't bring up post options. This is with the former hack from Cryptocoins removed. I tried replacing with the hack and it doesn't work for me this time (it did last C Post breakdown). Now adding item to cart generates blank page, breaks cart.

I haven't had any email from Can Post. (Also didn't receive the notes in #308 - my email may have changed since starting sellonline account but I have been unsuccessful finding a place where I can change that info.)

Getting very frustrated with Canada Post!

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Canada Post module

Experiencing same issue now, a workaround was using zone rates module, it is not accurate but it generate sales.
    I am using it for US and Canada, but don't have data for International Shipping.
    Remark: To get rid of the freezing site, you have to turn off canadapost module (Do not uninstall)
    LuceCrystal your online source for crystals and parts for chandelier.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

I'm getting the same issue as well, just grinds away... even with the hack from Cryptocoins.

I've put up tables for the moment, but I really hope Canada Post gets its act together. It's very unprofessional to have such a large amount of downtime. Could they not have rolled their updated server out in a test environment first? maybe privately contact clients using different shopping cart software/platforms to try a beta test of sorts...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Northfur View Post
    I'm getting the same issue as well, just grinds away... even with the hack from Cryptocoins.
    OK - tried again this morning ~ 11:30 a.m. EST and CanadaPost module seems to be working again. (This is without the cryptocoins hack.)

Still don't know what the heck is going on!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, indeed, it works with the modified (cryptocoins) version of the canadapost.php as well.

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast