Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Yes! Set it up by weight

The sell online server at Canada Post is offline again so our plugin cannot get prices. Does anyone have a working zencart site using the REST or SOAP system so they can calculate Canada Post shipping?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by robertluer View Post
    The sell online server at Canada Post is offline again so our plugin cannot get prices...
    Was just on phone with support, with any luck a ticket was actually issued and they are looking into it... Fingers crossed that it's back up today!

Plugin Contributions

Hello, we have been having a problem with Canada Post shipping module since we upgraded our hosting server and our zen cart version from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4

We get this message when it calls for shipping quote;

"Canada Post Canada Post
    Cannot reach Canada Post Server. You may refresh this page (Press F5 on your keyboard) to try again.
    111 Connection refused
    If you prefer to use Canada Post as your shipping method, please contact the Kart Works Canada Online Store via Email."

everything else is working with our site, we have been using zen cart for years about 10... I can work my way around the code some what.
    I tried re installing the Canada Post shipping module a few times... no luck we have a 7.1 PHP server now but it is running a a down graded version that was the same as our old server. Our Fedex is working, Canada post it has been like this for over a month now. I figured they are on strike and there maybe problems to wait it out but I think it has something to do with coding or a fire wall or something????

Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

Quote Originally Posted by Northfur View Post
    The current Canada Post module is terribly out of date. Canada Post has abandoned the Sell Online platform years ago, and uses only Rest/Soap. The solution I have mashed together, of the Shipping Boxes Manager module and Advanced Canada Post produces rates, but the box manager is terribly inaccurate with its logic for packing boxes, and the advanced Canada post module won't return rates for Tracked Packet, Priority and other services.

It's been 4 years since the Canada post Module has been updated, if twitchtoo or anyone can produce a module that works with CP's new platform, and handle boxes in a competent way, I'd gladly contribute money towards it.
    Unfortunately funding to rebuild this project by my first client was cut when their hosting fees - to open the specific port needed - exceeded their projected income each month! There were other factors of course and each hosting company had similar pricing/support.

We instead developed a static/dynamic lookup that can gather the information by other means and present very accurate postal pricing without any time waiting for a remote processing server.

Obviously being wired directly into Canada Post is the purpose of this module and when funding returns I'll be happy to support it!
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

I've tried re-installing the regular canada post module from the plugins page on my 1.5.4 cart, and it's causing the shipping modules page on the admin side to hang. (see picture), what can I do to have the page load properly?Name:  zencart_shipping_hang.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  13.2 KB

Plugin Contributions

I've tried re-installing the regular canada post module from the plugins page on my 1.5.4 cart, and it's causing the shipping modules page on the admin side to hang. (see picture), what can I do to have the page load properly?Name:  zencart_shipping_hang.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  13.2 KB
    Find the error logs and there should be one for each time you hit the page and it hung.

Publish your findings here - less the sensitive site details.

We can help troubleshoot :)
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

[11-Jan-2019 13:37:52 America/Toronto] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class canadapost in /home/northfur/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php on line 0
    is in the error log

Plugin Contributions

What is a good alternative to using the Canada Post Module? We still want to use Canada Post just need another way to have it available for customers to get a close to reasonable shipping rate. What do most of you use to do this table rates?

Any insight would be helpful thank you for your response.

Ryan

Plugin Contributions

Powered through that last error. Now I'm hitting a wall again with this error:

[16-Jan-2019 10:22:00 America/Toronto] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://198.33.104.28:30000/): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /home/northfur/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php on line 342

I've tried the IP address and the sellonline address, I've tried with and without the fix from post #284
    We just can't connect to Canada Post's old sellonline system anymore? http://sellonline.canadapost.ca:30000/ is unreachable?

Plugin Contributions

Powered through that last error. Now I'm hitting a wall again with this error:

[16-Jan-2019 10:22:00 America/Toronto] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://198.33.104.28:30000/): failed to open stream: Connection refused in /home/northfur/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php on line 342

I've tried the IP address and the sellonline address, I've tried with and without the fix from post #284
    We just can't connect to Canada Post's old sellonline system anymore? http://sellonline.canadapost.ca:30000/ is unreachable?
    1 - Check that your server is allowing access through the dedicated port that Canada Post requires.

2 - Find a way to accurately test traffic through the port to or from your site.

3 - Also check that the port number is correct in the code in case someone changed it - in code or at Canada Post.
    Twitch.

Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast