Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

The current Canada Post module is terribly out of date. Canada Post has abandoned the Sell Online platform years ago, and uses only Rest/Soap. The solution I have mashed together, of the Shipping Boxes Manager module and Advanced Canada Post produces rates, but the box manager is terribly inaccurate with its logic for packing boxes, and the advanced Canada post module won't return rates for Tracked Packet, Priority and other services.

It's been 4 years since the Canada post Module has been updated, if twitchtoo or anyone can produce a module that works with CP's new platform, and handle boxes in a competent way, I'd gladly contribute money towards it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Northfur View Post
    The current Canada Post module is terribly out of date. Canada Post has abandoned the Sell Online platform years ago, and uses only Rest/Soap. The solution I have mashed together, of the Shipping Boxes Manager module and Advanced Canada Post produces rates, but the box manager is terribly inaccurate with its logic for packing boxes, and the advanced Canada post module won't return rates for Tracked Packet, Priority and other services.

It's been 4 years since the Canada post Module has been updated, if twitchtoo or anyone can produce a module that works with CP's new platform, and handle boxes in a competent way, I'd gladly contribute money towards it.
    I'm still using last Canada Post mod from the plugin page. Priority Shipping apparently doesn't work but I don't use it. I use the includes/modules/shipping/candapost file as written, not modified as mentioned a few posts back.

The boxes and packing work well for me and the quoted rate is usually dead on, or at least very close. It did take some fiddling years ago to get my box sizes set - its important to have length, width, depth in the same order for each box. And I created boxes that accommodate multiples of those dimensions and in the same sequence. (an item sized as 8x2x4 will NOT fit in a box 4x2x8 - instead the mod will search for the first box defined to accommodate the former. squence)

There was an issue, years back when I was on zc 1.3.7 - using the 'free shipping mod' resident in zen cart conflicted with the Canada Post Mod - the solution at the time (that I still use) is to leave the free shipping mod uninstalled and define free shipping threshold in the Canada Post set up (where the box sizes are defined).

My biggest gripe with Canada Post is that their site goes down more often than I like - affecting not just zen cart mod but other CanPost online services.

I am, however, looking forward to an update as it is surely a matter of time before it all goes south on me ;o)

Currently using zc 1.5.5f, php7.1

Plugin Contributions

So, is Canada Post down yet again or just me? Must be them, I can't even log into their website...
    Last edited by Northfur; 16 Apr 2018 at 05:30 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Yes! Set it up by weight

I just installed the CP module for my 1.5.5 ZC and can't get it to calculate the cost per shipment.
    I'm not using letter mail so I turned that off.
    I'm also not shipping outside Canada so I cleared out the spots for US and INT'L

I did notice that each of my products now have a section at the bottom of their config page where I can define the weight and size of the box, which I did.

When I log in as my test user and select an item to ship, i can get it to show me the Country and Province, but when I click on update it still comes up with $0 shipping, Store Pickup (Walk-in)

Does this add-on still work in 1.5.5 as I see it only goes up to 1.5.3 according to the download link.

I did configure my user name that I created earlier today with CP and do not see any errors anywhere so I'm assuming that my host has port 30000 open as needed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hello rensing,

That is what I’m using on my current website. It’s working for me.

Please make sure that files are merge correctly. Also please take the time to read the old post if you have not done so already.
    Pre-Owned Books and Second Hand Stuff: http://www.onlineyardsale.ca

Plugin Contributions

Having concerns about loading this on 1.5.5f as, first thing out of the box, the function shoppingCart() has changed in the includes/classes/shoppingcart.php in the newest version of the file.

Concerned that merging the older over the new could break the cart.

@soxophoneplayer Are you using this file with the function as shoppingCart() or __construct()?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Having concerns about loading this on 1.5.5f as, first thing out of the box, the function shoppingCart() has changed in the includes/classes/shoppingcart.php in the newest version of the file.

Concerned that merging the older over the new could break the cart.

@soxophoneplayer Are you using this file with the function as shoppingCart() or __construct()?
    I just did a file compare of includes/classes/shoppingcart with my livesite vs outof the box zc 1.5.5f. The only changes I have in the former is addition of the two sections of CanadaPost module. construct() apprears around line 79.

It is working for me fine (except as noted in earlier posts - the Priority Shipping option seems to not work for some folks but I don't use that anyway.)

Plugin Contributions

The mod itself and the directions say to overwrite with the file and that would remove the newer _construct().

@twitchtoo Any success on this mod?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The mod itself and the directions say to overwrite with the file and that would remove the newer _construct().

@twitchtoo Any success on this mod?
    When updating a mod that was written for an earlier version of zen cart I do a 3 way compare: the file in the mod, the file in the version of zc for which the mod was written, and the file in the new version of zc to which I want to upgrade. As a rule of thumb I ignore changes that were only between the two zen cart versions, and I make only the changes that the mod made in the earlier version. This doesn't always work for me if the mod files were dramatically altered, and in particular, if the changes to core files were not highlighted. In the case of Canada Post mod each and every change to the original file set was clearly identified within each file so it was easy to work with.

Basically, I merge ALL files and overwrite none. Otherwise, you end up with old core files mixed in with new core files.

Plugin Contributions

We all try our best to make these things work, but everyone who has posted here with 1.5.5f has mentioned that some portion of the mod did not work. Most also said they didn't use that feature anyway.

Even the best of annotated code may break a newer version of the file its inserted into.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast