Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

Finally received a reply from Canada Post:

Hi,

The sell online application was upgraded this past weekend to only accept HTTP(s) requests, all TCP requests will be rejected. There was a fix released yesterday morning as the application was rejecting HTTP requests as well but has now been resolved. That being said, in order for to access the application you will need to make changes so your application is sending HTTP(s) requests only. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
    Angad Chawla
    Project Implementation Officer | Canada Post
    Pretty huge change to make without informing anyone (no mention of it on the SellOnline main page). I'll do some fiddling this weekend to see if I can get the original version working again (SellOnline has integrated box support for much more accurate quotes, Zucando's doesn't unfortunately). Will post again if I have any success -- any help is definitely welcome!

Plugin Contributions

I've been trying to install Zucando's module but nothing is showing in the checkout. I've followed your instructions, have the API production username and password entered. What is this SOAP thing. Does that have to do with my webhost or not. It's the only thing I don't understand, everything else seems to be in order.

Plugin Contributions

Nevermind, I somehow got it to work by reentering the info, something must have been incorrect.

Plugin Contributions

Another vexing thing about the Zucando module: it returns an estimated arrival date calculated from the present date, with no turnaround time. Plugin author, when contacted, says that that's the response of CP, and changing it would require a big customization of the code. Okay, fair enough, this module is really super-basic and needs to be developed out, by somebody who actually has the skill set (not me).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Otterslide View Post
    Another vexing thing about the Zucando module: it returns an estimated arrival date calculated from the present date, with no turnaround time. Plugin author, when contacted, says that that's the response of CP, and changing it would require a big customization of the code. Okay, fair enough, this module is really super-basic and needs to be developed out, by somebody who actually has the skill set (not me).
    I'm not really happy with it either, but just using it as a bandaid for now so customers can at least place their orders. Is the original module being updated?

Plugin Contributions

Well, if we could get the old Sellonline module to send HTTPS requests to the Sellonline server, it'd work - that server is still up & running. But it wouldn't solve the actual problem, which is that Canada Post wants to depreciate that server entirely and get us all to change over to using the API. And yeah okay I can see their point, it's faster and more secure; and they kept saying they were going to change over, but we all lollygagged about and didn't prepare for it so now we're scrambling.

Plugin Contributions

It appears that, specifically, to get the SellOnline module to work, it has to be changed to use POST (rather than GET, as it does now) per these specs: https://qa-sellonline.canadapost.ca/...lV3/index.html

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've updated the SellOnline module to use the HTTPS requests, and drop the old TCP requests on port 30000.

If your site was already using SellOnline, you can simply replace the /includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php file found in the updated plugin zip at: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=4 (ie: you don't need to touch the other files)

You can also tell your hosting company that they no longer need to open TCP port 30000 on your firewall for this (if you had previously made a special request for them to open it).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update, but it doesn't seem to work for me, I think perhaps there have been other modifications made in the file, are there just certain lines of code that need to be changed, if so could you refer me to line numbers? Any help appreciated as my site is pretty much down for shipping right now.

Do I have to change anything in the settings, I noticed the addition of the _XML, not sure if that is anything... sorry I am not a coder, I have contacted one to hire to fix this, but have not heard back yet, and very much need this fixed, we are a halloween shop and this is our busy season.
    Last edited by Phil C; 30 Sep 2019 at 09:49 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr. Byte for doing the upgrade!

I've put in the single updated .php file from your latest Canada Post module as recommended and it didn't work for me either.

I've been using the Canada Post shipping module for years. Running with ZC V1.5.5f and Canada Post module 1.5.3.

In case it helps, here is the debug error:
    [30-Sep-2019 18:58:26 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Class 'VersionServer' not found in /home/.../zencart/includes/functions/plugin_support.php on line 37

I've cleared history and tried again, it just knocked out the whole page and site so I switched the file back to the old one.

Thanks to all of you who give so much to help us with this work.

Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast