Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

red flag Canada Post module

Hi is there a tutorial on how to install the canada post shippind module i see a download link but there are no instruction on how to get it integrated with zen cart. Please any suggestion will help.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

I need it too.

Plugin Contributions

It goes something like this:

*** -- BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, DO A FULL BACKUP of all your FILES and DATABASE from your website. If you skip this and bust something, you'll have nothing to go back to in order to clean up the mess. There's a tutorial on doing backups in the tutorials area .. see link at top of this page.

ALSO ... DO NOT try installing ANY addon to a LIVE website. Always do it on a test site first.

1. Download the contribution.
    2. Unzip it, retaining the folder structure
    3. Use your FTP program and upload the files to your website ... remember that the folders need to go into the same folders on your website ... ie: there's an "includes" folder, and maybe an "admin" folder, and so on ... make sure they go in the same place.
    4. Open your admin area, go to the shipping modules section, and click the install button on the new module. The readme probably already talks about this step and what to do next.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module -- Now with Lettermail

I'm not sure if there's a better thread to post this on, but I'm new to Zen Cart and to the forums here, so please forgive me if it should go elsewhere...

We ship a lot of light/small items (CDs mostly) that can usually go Lettermail if they are in small quantities. After playing around with the zone and table modules, I realized that it would be much easier just to modify the Canada Post module to include the rate tables for Lettermail. I have uploaded my modifications to the page with the Canada Post module.

You will need to uninstall the module from your system, and then replace the includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php file with the new one before re-installing everything. My changes use the Canada Post server to determine if the package size is suitable for Lettermail, but since Canada Post does not currently quote Lettermail rates, you will have to manually confirm the shipping rates in the control panel. I have included the current rates as of the last increase (i.e. Jan 2008).

I have cleaned up some of the code to make it a bit more efficient, but most of it is as I found it. There is likely more that could be done with this module (particularly with respect to the packaging information that Canada Post calculates) but I have decided to leave it alone now that it does what I need.

Please let me know if you have any questions about it...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sceefo View Post
    Hi is there a tutorial on how to install the canada post shippind module i see a download link but there are no instruction on how to get it integrated with zen cart. Please any suggestion will help.
    Thanks
    i found it.

download: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=78

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module -- Now with Lettermail

I installed the lettermail version of Canada Post and it works well except that it doesnt seem to calculate sizes within the lettermail category. I created a 2cmx2cmx2cm product to test, 1g weight. This was accepted by Canada Post and priced at $.52. However because of the size it is non-standard and should cost $1.15.
    I could change the tables to make everything cost the non-standard rate but then valid small packages would cost more also.
    Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Canada Post Shipping Module Lettermail Version: 1.3.8b.

Hello nosnappyname,

Did you correct the problem? If so, how did you fix it.

I also install Canada Post Shipping Module Lettermail Version: 1.3.8b. Canada Post is receiving the weight but for some reason they are not getting the dimension.

So all item/items under 500g no matter the Length, width and height are receiving pricing for lettermail.

The measurement below should not get a quote for lettermail.

Length: 17.2 cm
    Width: 14.1 cm
    Height: 2.2 cm

or

Length: 21 cm
    Width: 19 cm
    Height: 3.3 cm

And that is what happening with the Lettermail module.

If anyone fiqure this out. Please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Hello nosnappyname,

2cm x 2cm x 2cm is almost the same size as my $0.51 Christmas Stamp. If someone has something that size and weight to ship. Just put the item in an letter envelope. These prices are for item under 30g/0.030kg. Canada: $0.52, United State: $0.96 or International: $1.60.

I re-install the module and it is working!

Plugin Contributions

Hello Royal!

I just got there... installing the shipping... and I am new with this. Can you please help me with the settings?
    I am using 1.3.7 version.
    I didn't install yet the module, but my situation is like this:
    My products are just good to be sent by lettermail, so, this one would be the be4st option... but: how do I set up the shipping module so the rates to change at a certain number of products [because of the weight] ?

I have here the logical idea... but I don't know how to set it up:
    DEMO:
    CANADA US INTERNATIONAL
    <30g max 10pieces - 0.52 - 0.96 - 1.60
    >30-100g max 20pieces - 0.96 - 1.15 - 2.30
    100-200g max 40pieces - 1.92 - 3.20 - 6.40
    200-500g max 80pieces - 2.65 - 6.40 -12.80

Should I put the rates and set up the weight of my products, so when they hit a certain total weight for the rates to jump to the next level? I ma just thinking because I don't know how it's working.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Yes! Set it up by weight

Hello Mark,

Yes! Set it up by weight.

You can use "Per Unit (PerWeightUnit)" in your Shipping Modules instead of using Canada Post Lettermail. As long as your items are the same.

This is how I have my shipping module setup. It can work for you as well.

Max weight for Lettermail: 0.500g

1. Table rates for Canada: 0.030:0.52, 0.050:0.96, 0.100:1.15, 0.200:1.92, 0.500:2.65
    2. Table rates for USA: 0.100:1.92, 0.200:3.20, 0.500:6.40
    3. Table rates for International: 0.100:3.75, 0.200:6.40, 0.500:12.80

I hope I answered your questions.
    Pre-Owned Books and Second Hand Stuff: http://www.onlineyardsale.ca

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast