Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post module

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    My lone client using this had a shipping charge come back $10 more than it should be. I checked everything - the weight of the shipment, addresses etc. Using the online tool returns the correct amount but the customer got overcharged in Zen Cart. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Can someone point me to information about API changes? I need to be aware of upcoming problems before they hit.
    First things I'd rule out - on the Canada Post shipping mod - there is facility to add a mod generated handling charge - bottom of the edit mod screen in admin. There is also facility to add handling charges to different rates in the Canada Post Profile (link to this at top of the edit mod screen). I suppose a less likely place to peek would be in admin/store to see if there is a currency exchange factor in play.

Plugin Contributions

the other shipping charges were close to being on the money. It's just this one from Vancouver to Toronto for a small package. No handling charges added. They are saying that most charges are a wee bit higher - like .64 . Currency is the Canadian Dollar

I don't know how this is supposed to work. The table rates that are in the mod as default - are they necessary? what overrides what?
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    the other shipping charges were close to being on the money. It's just this one from Vancouver to Toronto for a small package. No handling charges added. They are saying that most charges are a wee bit higher - like .64 . Currency is the Canadian Dollar

I don't know how this is supposed to work. The table rates that are in the mod as default - are they necessary? what overrides what?
    The table rates are for Lettermail. There is something in the mod readme files about how to set these up. These have to be manually updated as they are accommodated but not managed by the CP api. If lettermail is enabled it would be offered as a choice to the customer but wouldn't override the other choices. If the small package happened to also be within the lettermail size limits it might be possible, if reading in a hurry, to mistake one for the other. Lettermail can be turned off in the admin/mod/edit if not used.

Another boo boo I had one time was misplacing a decimal point in my product dimensions. It was easily caught by the zillion dollar quote.

The only problem I'm aware of with the app functionality is that Courier rates are bungled because Canada Post has made changes that are not yet reflected in the app. I just turned that option off in my profile since it was never used anyway.

I've been using the app since zc 1.3.7 days. Now on zc 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

So anyone have any news about an update to this module? Something to use Canada Post's REST or SOAP functions? Something to function as a box packager that will work with Canada Post?

Getting really tired of the dilapidated patch-work of modules I have installed to try to get shipping from Canada Post for a Zen Cart site.

I installed this a long while back, Advance Canada Post
    https://zucando.com/zen-cart-modules...pae54r29puupu7

But it never worked from the start. I paid a dev to fix it and he managed to get it somewhat working, but it doesn't allow me to add any delay/lead time to orders, it doesn't generate rates for all the checked off services like tracked packet. It doesn't have any box packing ability, so I'm always loosing a couple of dollars here and there with the Xpresspost and Priority services, also customers placing larger orders get no shipping rates since this module doesn't seem to be able to tell CP 2 boxes might be needed...

I'd love to use this box packing module, https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1826 but it was only written for USPS and UPS and in inches/lbs instead of cm/kg.

So, any ideas of what else I can do here to get proper shipping rates going?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Northfur View Post
    So, any ideas of what else I can do here to get proper shipping rates going?
    I've been using this module since zc 1.3.7 and it still works on 1.5.5e. There was some change at Canada Post end that made shipping by courier selection problematic - but I've never had anyone select it so I just disabled that choice in my CP profile. I have all my box sizes set and my product sizes set and the mod comes up with the correct packaging.

For now, at least, it continues to be doing a good job for me.

Plugin Contributions

The "Advanced Canada Post" from Zucando was a waist of time for me as well. A lot of time spent, and emails back and forth and it still wouldn't work.

Unfortunately there's no support at Canada Post for sell online anymore. Years ago I had Sell online support make Xpresspost mandatory in BC. Now there's nobody there that knows how to change that.

Plugin Contributions

application error Re: Canada Post module

Looks like something is down on CP's side... Their web-based xml parser is returning the same error that my site is:

http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/Deve...Interface.html

<statusMessage>Unable to establish connection to Rating Service.</statusMessage>

Can others confirm that their Canada Post quotes aren't working at all today (Labor Day, 2017)??

If so, I'm not sure if the email address is even monitored anymore, but it's worth a try for everyone to send a quick email to whom ever is keeping this relic of a system alive.

email: [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Yep. Thanks for confirming.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by matgeek View Post
    Looks like something is down on CP's side... Their web-based xml parser is returning the same error that my site is:

http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/Deve...Interface.html

<statusMessage>Unable to establish connection to Rating Service.</statusMessage>

Can others confirm that their Canada Post quotes aren't working at all today (Labor Day, 2017)??

If so, I'm not sure if the email address is even monitored anymore, but it's worth a try for everyone to send a quick email to whom ever is keeping this relic of a system alive.

email: [email protected]
    I am getting same error.

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast