Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default cant seem to find index.html

Hello everyone!

im looking for the index.html in my directory but it it seems to be hiding from me, can any one tell me where i can find the file to edit the main page such as the heading and whatnot...
    thanks!!!!

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cant seem to find index.html

Zencart does not use "index.html" .

Pages are built using dynamic content and php code. There is very little "conventional" html.

Pages are "cobbled together" depending on what the view has requested to see.

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Start by going through the tutorials/FAQ section to get some sense of the steps you need to follow. Your main page (or home page or index as you were refering to it) can be modified by logging into you admin and going to tools/define pages editor. From there you can select from a drop-down list of some of the most commonly used pages, including your home page which is called your main page. (define_main_page)

It's all a bit much at first but believe me, once you get a handle on things, a Zen shopping cart in one incredible tool!

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I just realized my main page edit does not work. I try to change the wording on my main page. See my home page www.yenmax.com I changed the word 20% to 50% on my admin>tools>define pages editor>define_main_page.php but the live webside dones not change, it is still showing 20%. Does any one knows why?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

It appears that the text you have showing is a category description, not the define_main_page content.

<div id="indexProductListCatDescription" ...
    <div id="productListing">

instead of

<div id="indexCategoriesMainContent" ...

Your home page is not showing the normal structure; it is not open to a category, yet the tags say it is. What modifications have you made to the template?

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I changed the 20% to 30%.I am a new zener and try to learn. When you say my home page is not showing the normal structure. I am lost. My home page is a category (ID 18) which I set up from admin>configuration>Main Page-Open with Category. Please teach me how can I set up my home page. Second, you said my template is wrong. I really do not know what did I do. Would you tell which file should I look for, then I will paste it on my post so you can see my file.

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

I checked on my test installation (fresh v1.3.7), and I get the category showing with the same tags you have, but the normal individual category description above the listing. You seem to have the define_main_page text above the listing, instead of the category description, but labeled as category description.

You say it is category 18, but I don't see any category with that id in the categories menu. What is the name of your category 18?

The products in your home page display are in several different categories; it is not a category display you are showing, but the specials or featured centerbox.

Maybe the SEO mod you have active is doing something incorrect to the page display.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I did not put any words on ID18 since it is my home page so you can not see through category area in the last row, you can see a gap, I do not want to show it is as category and home page. That is a mistake?

Plugin Contributions

[quote=yenmax;542827]Hi

I did not put any name on category 18 since it is my home page. It is on the last row of category where is a gap you can see. I do not want to show it is as category and home page. That is a mistake?

Plugin Contributions

OK, so you linked all those products into category 18 just to feature them on your home page? Wouldn't it have been easier to make them "featured products" and show the featured box on the home page? Whatever works is ok, as long as it works...

When I actually click on that space and go to cat 18, I get the same text as the home page. This tells me that the "welcome ..." text really is the cat 18 description and not the define_main_page text.
    Last edited by gjh42; 18 Apr 2008 at 07:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast