Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can I apply discount on certain attributes only?

I've been trying to figure out if it is was possible to apply a discount on certain attributes of a product only?

Our products are table linens and only certain colors (attributes) will be on sale. The rest will have the regular price.

I tried enabling salemaker then going to the attribute controller and disabling the "apply discount on specials" but that didn't work.

Anybody knows if this is possible at all?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I apply discount on certain attributes only?

I just figured this out. In case anyone has a better idea, please let me know.

This only works for products NOT priced as attribute. You have to go to the attribute that is for sale then manually put a price in under price - xx.xx where xx.xx is the new price. It shows a new price in the drop down menu and it automatically deducts the price from the base price on checkout.

Quote Originally Posted by Decostyle View Post
    I've been trying to figure out if it is was possible to apply a discount on certain attributes of a product only?

Our products are table linens and only certain colors (attributes) will be on sale. The rest will have the regular price.

I tried enabling salemaker then going to the attribute controller and disabling the "apply discount on specials" but that didn't work.

Anybody knows if this is possible at all?

Plugin Contributions

I'm interested in an answer to this question when the products *are* priced by attribute, with a base price of $0.00.

Plugin Contributions

Did you try making the Product and marking as Priced by Attribute YES ... then add all of the Attributes and mark the Attributes that don't use the Special/Sale/Discounts as:
    Apply Discounts Used
    by Product Special/Sale:
    No Yes
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have a few hundred items in the catalog with an average of 2-3 attributes each, and it doesn't seem very practical to run each of those through the attributes controller to make that change. Is there a faster way than the attributes controller that I could try?

edit: Well let me at least see if this approach works by trying it on one item.

Plugin Contributions

I tried this with one item, and the sale price displays correctly in the catalog page (the lowest priced attribute is being discounted on this item, so the 'starting at' is crossed out and has the correct sale amount) but the attributes dropdown and the shopping cart display the full price.

I'm also not sure how practical it would be if I wanted to implement this store-wide without a way to change the attribute settings en masse.

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps an URL to this Product would help and a description of what you have the pricing for everything set to ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Here's a link to our store: http://appalshop.org/store/

We have set up attributes for our films and records in order to allow customers to select format (VHS, DVD, Cassette, etc.) and licensing (Home Use, Educational, etc -- which only applies to our films).

The only exceptions are some products where we offer one license or format, and some of these items to not have attributes.

We would like to discount CDs and Home Use film licenses by $5.00.

Right now I have come up with a scheme of three sales which kind of gets us where we need to be:

Sale 1: Discounts items in our films and music categories that are between $14 and $31 by $5.00

Sale 2: Discounts items in films that are between $0.00 and $0.00 by $5.00 (Side effect: discounts licenses other than Home Use)

Sale 3: Discounts items in Recordings by Format > CD that are between $0.00 and $0.00 by $5.00 (Side effect: had to reassign these products to use the format category as master category, also discounts formats other than CD for these items)

I might be able to set up a test item or something like that to help you diagnose, but unfortunately we're taking an order or two an hour right now and I don't want to do too much testing that affects the whole store. Do you have any recommendations on how to make it easier to demonstrate what is happening?

Plugin Contributions

Add a Category called TEST and set it to status OFF ...

Now add a subcat called TEST2 and set its status to OFF ...

Now add a couple products and edit, in phpMyAdmin, their products_date_added field to be older than your New Product setting such as change from 2008 to 2006 ...

Now setup 1 of these products as Priced By Attribute and set the prices on the Attribute and set the one that does not get the Special/Discount as:
    Apply Discounts Used
    by Product Special/Sale:
    No Yes
    Now add either your Special, Sale or Discounts and tell us which you are using ...

Then post the products_id for these ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for looking into this. I have set up some disabled categories and products, so please forgive me for asking this, but how do I view the test products?

I have browsed to an item that is in the regular catalog and changed the URL to use the test product ID but I am getting an error "Sorry, the product was not found."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast