red flag Change File Permissions by script

I have been searching through the ZenWiki, Tutorials, and Forums looking for an answer to help with this, but have been unsucessful so far. I am installing ZenCart on my hosting service (hostonce.com) which is windows based and cannot change the file/folder permissions required for set up (read-write-execute). FTP clients have not worked and the host service does not offer a cPanel.

I contacted HostOnce with my problem, and this was their response:
    "While you may be accustomed to the CHMOD command in a UNIX environment, there is no Windows 2000 equivalent to this command and you will not be able to set file permissions from the client side. By no means should this be considered as a hindrance, as this allows for tighter security for your site and overall greater network stability. IIS automatically grants your site script access, so you should be able to run any script written in Perl that uses the .pl extension. Similarly, ASP scripts should have a .ASP extension and PHP scripts a .php extension. It is the extension of the file that determines how the script is handled by IIS."

I am not a PERL expert, can anyone assist me on how to do a script to change the file permissions within Windows?

PS> Please don't suggest as I've seen in many of the threads, that I change to a Unix/Linux hosting. I know it would have been much easier to do the set up in that environment, but I have been on my current host for 10 years now and have been very happy. Thx.

Default Re: Change File Permissions by script

Update on this issue that may be HELPFULL to others....
    After spending about 6 hours troubleshooting this I gave up and contacted the hosting service again. We figurred out the issue! My site had Microsoft FrontPage Server extensions installed. When FrontPage server extensions are enabled, this overwrites the native permission set by IIS on the Windows Hosting service. So my "folders" were rwx-rwx-rws, but my "files" were only rw- rw- rw- . We removed the FrontPage Server extensions and then reset the web permissions in IIS on the website and the ZenCart "Prerequisite" page came up all green check with no permission errors.

I think is VERY IMPORTANT as I did not find any information on how FrontPage Server Extensions can cause this issue.

I hope this helps others that may run into the same issue I did.
    - caanan