Thread: Blank pages

Plugin Contributions

Default Blank pages

Hi

I am getting a blank page whenever I add something to the cart, when I checked the error log in the cache, it reports the following:

[17-Apr-2008 17:18:02] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/l/r/c/lrcnet/html/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/content/l/r/c/lrcnet/html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [17-Apr-2008 17:18:02] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/l/r/c/lrcnet/html/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/content/l/r/c/lrcnet/html/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

I have looked at these files in a working zen cart, and I don't see any difference in it. Anybody any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks

Govanmac

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank pages

Hi

No! I didn't add any code to the top of pages.

Govanmac

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by govanmac View Post
    PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/l/r/c/lrcnet/html/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in ...
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have not edited any of the pages mentioned, I have even tried uploading the files again.
    I just done a clean installation on a different web site, put in a test product and get the same problem.

Could it be there is a problem with this version (1.3.8), I had no problem like this with the previous version?

Thanks

Govanmac

Plugin Contributions

In the tutorial it quotes this:
    In the example above, you'll see output started at /....includes/something/something/something.php:12. The includes/something/something/something.php is the filename you need to be concerned about. The :12 means that the problem you need to fix is on line 12.

In that same example, the /includes/something_else.php on line 67 message can be completely ignored. It is not the problem. It is the one that discovered that the problem had already occurred
    But in my case going by this, I should be looking at line 1401, there is no such line in the file.

Govanmac

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What files *have* you changed?
    What happens if you reload the original english.php instead of your customized one?

If reloading the original version of files mentioned in errors doesn't solve it, then you may have created a PHP error in another file by removing required braces or something, thus causing the PHP code to get confused in other places, etc.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I have tried re-uploading english.php, it is still the same.

The only things I have edited is that page, I have also changed template images, and created some categories and entered some products.

The site is at: www.laptoprepaircourse.net

I have uploaded zencart to another domain and hosting account and get the same problem when I add to cart.

Govanmac

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

I have just installed 1.3.7 on a different server, doing all the same things I did when installing 1.3.8 on the Godaddy server. And it is working perfectly.

Could this be an issue with the Godaddy hosting plan or with 1.3.8?

Govanmac

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I doubt it's GoDaddy, although I'm no fan of their hosting services.
    I doubt it's 1.3.8, since there are thousands of sites using it without the problem you are reporting.
    Chances are it's your upload or your customizations.