Page 75 of 248 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

Anyone ever have any problems with zen-cart 1.3.8 and having this mod installed with Fast and Easy Checkout ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb4614 View Post
    Anyone ever have any problems with zen-cart 1.3.8 and having this mod installed with Fast and Easy Checkout ?
    Sorry- it is on my todo list.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Hem are you saying it is not compatible with fast and easy checkout yet?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb4614 View Post
    Hem are you saying it is not compatible with fast and easy checkout yet?
    Nah, Fast and Easy Checkout isn't compatible with RPM
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Is it possible to prevent customers from using their rewards points to purchase gift certificates? I'd like to keep the rewards points non-transferable. However, it seems like a loophole if customers can use their points to purchase a gift certificate to give to someone else. That would essentially make the reward points transferable. Is there a way to close this loophole? I've researched this thread, but I couldn't find an answer.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CobraPlant View Post
    Is it possible to prevent customers from using their rewards points to purchase gift certificates? I'd like to keep the rewards points non-transferable. However, it seems like a loophole if customers can use their points to purchase a gift certificate to give to someone else. That would essentially make the reward points transferable. Is there a way to close this loophole? I've researched this thread, but I couldn't find an answer.
    Right now it is not possible. However it would be possible to add a "not redeemable" rule to the Reward Point Master table- I'll add it to the wishlist.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    Right now it is not possible. However it would be possible to add a "not redeemable" rule to the Reward Point Master table- I'll add it to the wishlist.
    Thanks for the response. It'll be a nice feature since one of your current features is to allow redeem points on the order total or on the order subtotal. If customers can purchase gift certificates with their reward points, then they can use their gift certificates to pay for shipping fees, even if the setting is set to allow redeem points on order subtotal. So it seems like a loophole around that feature. For now, I'm letting customers know that they may risk losing their points if they attempt to purchase gift certificates with their points.

So now I have problem that I've discovered. I'm in the testing phase of this module, and I noticed that after several test purchases (not using PayPal), I can't get the points in my shopping cart to go into pending status. After each purchase I don't see any points in my test account.

I ran a diagnostic, and these errors came up:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cobrapla/public_html/rpd.php:4) in /home/cobrapla/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cobrapla/public_html/rpd.php:4) in /home/cobrapla/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: simplexml_load_file() in /home/cobrapla/public_html/rpd.php on line 41

From posting #726, you indicated this:
    You have an empty first line somewhere in one of your ZenCart files. Check this article for info on how to fix this: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=87
    From what the article indicated, the problem is with the output file (rpd.php, line 4). In any case, I checked all related files, and I don't see any spaces at the beginning or at the end.

I'm currently using ZC 1.3.7 and version 1.22 of your mod. Is there something I'm missing? I don't mind having to add the points manually if it has something to do with 1.3.7, but I'd prefer to do what I can to automate the process as much as possible. I plan to upgrade my cart, but I'm waiting for either 1.3.9 or 2.0.

By the way, thank you for creating this module. Even if I have to apply points manually, it'll still save me a lot of time at the end of the year when I used to send out gift certificates to my biggest customers. Now I can just add extra points to their accounts.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CobraPlant View Post
    From what the article indicated, the problem is with the output file (rpd.php, line 4). In any case, I checked all related files, and I don't see any spaces at the beginning or at the end.

I'm currently using ZC 1.3.7 and version 1.22 of your mod. Is there something I'm missing? I don't mind having to add the points manually if it has something to do with 1.3.7, but I'd prefer to do what I can to automate the process as much as possible. I plan to upgrade my cart, but I'm waiting for either 1.3.9 or 2.0.
    The mod will not work fully with any version prior to v1.3.8. This is because it uses the observer/notifier class which was introduced in that version.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

CobraPlant and others, for security purpose you should avoid posting your hosting user account name as part of any post.

For example you posted:
    /home/cobrapla/public_html/rpd.php

You could have simply post:

/public_html/rpd.php

or

/*/*/public_html/rpd.php

or

/root_directory/rpd.php

It's not like anything is going to happen to your account, it's just a nice practice to not give wandering eyes too much info.

The mod will not work fully with any version prior to v1.3.8. This is because it uses the observer/notifier class which was introduced in that version.
    Thanks Andrew for the info. I have some extra time next week, so I'll likely use it to upgrade to 1.3.8 rather than waiting for 1.3.9.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    It's not like anything is going to happen to your account, it's just a nice practice to not give wandering eyes too much info.
    Thanks Isaacola for the reminder. It's been awhile since I needed assistance, so I simply forgot about that tidbit. Is it possible for a moderator to edit my post and delete that information?