Page 5 of 248 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetreecandles View Post
    Mine pales in comparison to his. Well done I guess I will have to revist mine and give it it's own page since atm it's buried with my other FAQ's.
    Same here. By the way, how do you send someone points?

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm.

Trying to install on my local site and I get this error when trying to access admin

1146 Table 'nortsandones.reward_status_track' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT ph.*, o.orders_status FROM reward_status_track ph, orders o WHERE ph.orders_id=o.orders_id AND ph.date If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I renamed the custom folder to the same as mine, and then uploaded both the admin and includes. But as soon as I try and do anyting in Admin, it throws up the above error. ?

What steps did I miss ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    Same here. By the way, how do you send someone points?
    If you, as admin, want to give a person some points (beyond what they earn), the go to Admin|Customers|Reward Points, and then find and edit the customer.

My boss gave everybody on our store 1000 points to begin with (and then I had another 83 that I need to give even more to) -- i.e. every got 1000 points, those who had purchased more than $500 since 2002 (I have the records from the old online store, pre-zen) got additional points - equal to 2x the dollar amount that they spent.

So for the "everybody gets 1000 points, I did a sql statement and ran it and then have been working on editing the others since then.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    Hmmm.

Trying to install on my local site and I get this error when trying to access admin

1146 Table 'nortsandones.reward_status_track' doesn't exist
    in:
    [SELECT ph.*, o.orders_status FROM reward_status_track ph, orders o WHERE ph.orders_id=o.orders_id AND ph.date If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I renamed the custom folder to the same as mine, and then uploaded both the admin and includes. But as soon as I try and do anyting in Admin, it throws up the above error. ?

What steps did I miss ?
    Mike, read back through this thread

Basically, that is an issue with the sql file and IF you have a DB prefix in use.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rasyr View Post
    Mike, read back through this thread

Basically, that is an issue with the sql file and IF you have a DB prefix in use.
    Thanks,

I'm not using a prefix, my db is nortandones not xxx_nortsandones.

What am I supposed to be renaming the following file to ?

Rename reward_points_functions.php to reward_points_functions.xxx

Plugin Contributions

Something odd......

IF I try to place an order using Reward Points, and I ALSO try to use a Gift Certificate as well (if the GC amount is not higher than entire order), it requires me to select a billing method. If the GC and the Redeem amounts are (combined) more than the entire order, it still requires me to select a payment method.

However, if I try to place the order with JUST a Gift Certificate, and the GC amount is larger than the order, then I don't have to select a payment method.

So... whatever it doing the check as to whether payment method is required to be select isn't including the amount to be redeemed in it.

Also -- regarding my issue with Rewards Points and the redeeming applying towards shipping....

I found the following code in ot_rewards_points.php -- in the process() function

I have marked the two lines that I consider important in color-- the lines which show that the file is working on the Order Total, not on the Order Subtotal, which is what I am needing.

Wait! I just NOW (while writing this) figured out, that if I change $order->info['total'] to $order->info['subtotal'] in the Blue line, then that limits the number of points redeemed to be no more than the Subtotal, and thus, it will solve my issue about redeeming points also discounting the shipping.

I also have the problem where folks whose orders are being changed from Pending to Paid are not updating and moving the points from Pending to Earned. However I also had the admin email notification turned off, so I have set it to an email address I created just for it, and turned it on in the Configuration area, so maybe that will get the points to change properly.

This is a great module!! And I am loving it immensely!! I just hope you can help get my other issues worked out.
    Nice work Rasyr- I'll refactor the code to use subtotal. There's another instance in class.reward_points.php which looks like it's causing the other issue you flagged.

Regarding the email thing- It should not matter if you have email turned off- the notifier should still be called. I'll look at using another notifier.

Don't worry- we'll get the issues worked out- thanks again.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,

The prefix isn't on the DB name, it is on the DB table names. (i.e. the configuration table might be names zen_configuration).

You can look inside your includes/configure.php file to see if the store thinks you are using a DB Prefix -- for a line that says something like:
    define('DB_PREFIX', 'zen_');
    It it isn't that you need to rename the sql file, it is that you may need to make changes to it and rerun it (if your DB is using a prefix).

Here is the post that I was referring to finding -- http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=19

I don't think that you need to be renaming that file you are listing at all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    Nice work Rasyr- I'll refactor the code to use subtotal. There's another instance in class.reward_points.php which looks like it's causing the other issue you flagged.

Regarding the email thing- It should not matter if you have email turned off- the notifier should still be called. I'll look at using another notifier.

Don't worry- we'll get the issues worked out- thanks again.
    Cool beans!!!

Plugin Contributions

The prefix isn't on the DB name, it is on the DB table names. (i.e. the configuration table might be names zen_configuration).

You can look inside your includes/configure.php file to see if the store thinks you are using a DB Prefix -- for a line that says something like:

It it isn't that you need to rename the sql file, it is that you may need to make changes to it and rerun it (if your DB is using a prefix).

Here is the post that I was referring to finding -- http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...7&postcount=19

I don't think that you need to be renaming that file you are listing at all.
    Thanks Rasyr, appreciate your help on this,

Ok..

I checked the file as you suggested and it's as follows.

define('DB_PREFIX', '');

So we can assume that there is no prefix..

The problem is, that I can't even run the sql file to begin with.

I uploaded the files, and then when I try and enter the Admin CP, thats when I get the error, so I can't even run the sql to begin with, so modifying the sql is not going to help ?

Sorry....

Plugin Contributions

Thanks,

Exactly as it shows- change the extension to 'xxx'- that will stop it causing the error until you can do the SQL table rename.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Page 5 of 248 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast