Page 53 of 248 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

Okay, I found a couple of issues- First was with the update.sql (it didn't) and an install.sql crept back into the release. Second the version of zen_round I use may not be backward compatible so I've sorted that out too. Interim release here:

http://www.omnicia.com/zencart_reward_points_module.zip
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Hello Andy,

I got it working in a fashion. The only thing for me, is I get this above the shopping cart:-

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/gemtree/public_html/includes/functions/extra_functions/reward_points_functions.php on line 16
    I looked at the relevant section in that file:-

function GetRewardPoints($products)
    {
    $reward_points=0;
    if(REWARD_POINT_MODE=='0')
    {
    foreach($products as $product)
    if(isset($product['qty']))
    $reward_points+=GetProductRewardPoints($product['id'],$product['attributes'])*$product['qty'];
    else
    if(isset($product['quantity']))
    $reward_points+=GetProductRewardPoints($product['id'],$product['attributes'])*$product['quantity'];
    else
    if(isset($product['quantityField']))
    $reward_points+=GetProductRewardPoints($product['id'],$product['attributes'])*$product['quantityField'];
    else
    $reward_points="RP Error";
    For the time being, I changed the 0 to a 1, and it works upon testing:-
    if(REWARD_POINT_MODE=='0')
    But it must be a setting in the config that I have set to 0, and it causes the error at the top.

Regards,

James

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Hello Andy,

I got it working in a fashion. The only thing for me, is I get this above the shopping cart:-

I looked at the relevant section in that file:-

For the time being, I changed the 0 to a 1, and it works upon testing:-

But it must be a setting in the config that I have set to 0, and it causes the error at the top.

Regards,

James
    James- did you install the upgrade.sql file? The setting in question is the Reward Point Mode configuration item which is new for this version.

I think I know where the shopping cart issue is coming from- I'll check it and post a new version shortly.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Hello Andrew,

Yes I installed the upgrade.sql. What I think has happened is that I have three Reward Points config under configuration. But I am able to get rid of the duplicates. I beg your pardon, I have just spotted the Reward Points Mode, and setting it to 1 makes the error go (I reuploaded the original file to extra functions)

So thankyou very much for your help. If you have a donation email or url, please let us know. I think everyone who uses this successfully should be giving something back to you.

I know I mentioned it before, but I don't know if the reward points for each customer can be extracted to a newsletter. I don't know if it will work for me now, as I am on PHPlist and I guess that is a tricky way to extract. Say on a persons newsletter, it will say 'You have 250 reward points or something'.

Thanks again,

James

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    Hello Andrew,

Yes I installed the upgrade.sql. What I think has happened is that I have three Reward Points config under configuration. But I am able to get rid of the duplicates. I beg your pardon, I have just spotted the Reward Points Mode, and setting it to 1 makes the error go (I reuploaded the original file to extra functions)

So thankyou very much for your help. If you have a donation email or url, please let us know. I think everyone who uses this successfully should be giving something back to you.

I know I mentioned it before, but I don't know if the reward points for each customer can be extracted to a newsletter. I don't know if it will work for me now, as I am on PHPlist and I guess that is a tricky way to extract. Say on a persons newsletter, it will say 'You have 250 reward points or something'.

Thanks again,

James
    That explains why when I was just checking your website the problem disappeared

I think I know where the issue is- Can you tell me what mod you use for "Checkout Without Account Creation"- I'll install it locally and see if I can't track it down.

I will also see if I can get you a points-to-newsletter solution. If I produce something I want to make sure that it's easy to do and works across all newsletters.

Finally- thanks for the offer of a donation- not only thank you but thanks to everyone who have made similar offers. Really, I'm happy to do this- I think ZenCart is a great package and this is only my minor contribution to a much larger scheme. If you want to throw any money to someone, donate to the ZenCart community/design team- those are the guys that really need (and deserve) the support.

As for the Reward Point mod- I'm going to continue developing and debugging while people are still actively using the mod. Short term goal is to get the mod working for everyone. Long term goal is to incorporate everyone's wishes for a complete solution.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Hello Andrew,

I installed the Easy Sign Up mod, which is here:-

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=844

Well I thought it was only fair to enquire about donations - I'm due to make another donation to the Zen Cart team anyway, so I will bump that up.

Thanks again,

James

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, awesome module and it seems to work on the whole for the short period of time I've been testing.

What I am noticing though is that the points that a customer is earning are not going in the pending section after they place their order.

I can place points directly into a customer account and they can redeem them just fine but when they place orders, they just don't seem to be getting the points.

I'm using a stock 1.3.7 install with no other modules installed.

Thanks in advance,
    Arthur

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by arthurhanlon View Post
    Firstly, awesome module and it seems to work on the whole for the short period of time I've been testing.

What I am noticing though is that the points that a customer is earning are not going in the pending section after they place their order.

I can place points directly into a customer account and they can redeem them just fine but when they place orders, they just don't seem to be getting the points.

I'm using a stock 1.3.7 install with no other modules installed.

Thanks in advance,
    Arthur
    Arthur, any chance that they are using PayPal IPN to pay for their purchases?
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Reward Points Module- Live Release now available.

Hi Andy ;)

I' ve clean 1.3.8.a instalation with demo products without db prefixes on conf. >
    Database: MySQL 4.0.27-log
    PHP Version: 4.4.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

i try to install your reward 1.20a mod, but always with same error >
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT SUM(`reward_points`) FROM reward_status_track ph WHERE p
    in:
    [UPDATE reward_customer_points rc SET `pending_points`=`pending_points`-IFNULL((SELECT SUM(`reward_points`) FROM reward_status_track ph WHERE ph.`customers_id`=rc.`customers_id` AND ph.`status`=0 AND ph.`orders_id` NOT IN (SELECT `orders_id` FROM orders)),0);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

if i try to unistall.sql from phpMyAdmin get this error >
    Error

SQL query:

DELETE IGNORE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_group_id` = @group_id ;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_group_id`=@gro

Thanks for reply;)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by evan70 View Post
    Hi Andy ;)

I' ve clean 1.3.8.a instalation with demo products without db prefixes on conf. >
    Database: MySQL 4.0.27-log
    PHP Version: 4.4.9 (Zend: 1.3.0)

i try to install your reward 1.20a mod, but always with same error >
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT SUM(`reward_points`) FROM reward_status_track ph WHERE p
    in:
    [UPDATE reward_customer_points rc SET `pending_points`=`pending_points`-IFNULL((SELECT SUM(`reward_points`) FROM reward_status_track ph WHERE ph.`customers_id`=rc.`customers_id` AND ph.`status`=0 AND ph.`orders_id` NOT IN (SELECT `orders_id` FROM orders)),0);]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

if i try to unistall.sql from phpMyAdmin get this error >
    Error

SQL query:

DELETE IGNORE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_group_id` = @group_id ;

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_group_id`=@gro

Thanks for reply;)
    You need MySQL v4.2 minimum to run this mod.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com