Plugin Contributions

Default Trouble Accessing Admin Area

Using Zen version 1.3.9 and all of a sudden I started experiencing trouble logging into the admin area. As a matter of fact, I can't access the admin area at all. Keep getting 500 internal server errors. This started happening on all three of the zen cart installations I have on three different domains.

I use Blue Razor for hosting and they insist it is not their issue (of course not, that's why all three installations on three different domains started having admin access issues - lol).

I went into the forums and found a post alluding to the same issue and I did what was instructed in the post to do. It had something to do with an error communicating with the Zen Cart server to determine the version of ZC that is being run. I disabled the version checking in this file, since I can't access the admin area to turn it off from in there.

Did not make a difference.

Is it possible that there is an issue with the fileset communicating with the Zen server when it goes to do a version check?

I must state that 2 of the 3 installations of ZC I have - I have not touched a file in the fileset. Therefore, it cannot be an issue with a 'file I may have changed' as Blue Razor is speculating, as I haven't changed any files in the other two accounts, yet they are all still inaccessible.

Please help.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by MillenniumJim; 19 Jan 2011 at 08:19 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Trouble Accessing Admin Area

OK. I found out what the problem was after hours of wrangling with Blue Razor over what the problem was:

I installed (through Blue Razor's Hosting Connection Auto-Install Software Library) an image gallery script. When I did that, it created a file called 'php.ini', which ended up being the culprit. After BR disabled this file, I started being able to access my zen admin areas again.

Wow. I think it is important to let people know this. I noticed a number of posts alluding to the same problem, and who knows how many of them had the issue due to an installation of a different software on that domain (or any other subdomain in the hosting accout in question).

Their autoinstall function created and installed that file (which I found out to be unnecessary because the gallery script works flawlessly without that file). When it did, all zen admin functions ceased immediately.