Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Moving from another server

We're trying to move a zen installation from one server to another. The moved files and data appear to connect to the database but but we're getting the following errors when we go to the page.

------At the top of the page:
    Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/uswatchservice_com/public_html/store/cache) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/diamondw:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/diamondw/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 154

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/diamondw/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php:154) in /home/diamondw/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/diamondw/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php:154) in /home/diamondw/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 111
    ---end

------- At the bottom of the page:
    Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in /home/diamondw/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 72
    ---end

I can eliminate the messages at the top by suppressing the warning messages (inserting a @) but I haven't found the cause of the message at the bottom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Carter

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Moving from another server

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]:
    Get the fix cache key tool
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=82

Then see if the rest were just spawned from the first
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the reply.

Executing this script did find an inconsistency and appears to have fixed it.

I suppressed the warning messages by reinserting the "@" in line 111; it did not need the supression in line 154.

The fatal error message is still being displayed however.

Fatal error: Call to a member function Execute() on a non-object in /home/diamondw/public_html/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 72

The line it is referring to is as follows:

$qid = "select count(*) as total
    from " . TABLE_SESSIONS . "
    where sesskey = '" . zen_db_input($key) . "'";

line 72 ===>> $total = $db->Execute($qid);

if ($total->fields['total'] > 0) {
    $sql = "update " . TABLE_SESSIONS . "
    set expiry = '" . zen_db_input($expiry) . "', value = '" . zen_db_input($value) . "'
    where sesskey = '" . zen_db_input($key) . "'";

return $db->Execute($sql);

Thanks again and a thank you to any additional help.

Carter

Plugin Contributions

First I would not be supressing any error messages as one does not know what other issues might crop up.

This is most likely a file issue during transfer?
    Were these files downloaded and moved via FTP?
    What FTP client do you use?
    What are the server specs for the donor server and the receiving server?
    What Zen Cart Version is this?

The down and dirty method is to re upload all the core files from a fresh distribution but one must have adhered to the override system fully not to loose any modifications.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again.

I will try to move the files again.

Without the supression, the warning messages for "open_basedir restriction in effect" messages come up. I don't have access to php.ini to change any settings.

Again, thinks.

Carter

Plugin Contributions

Every time I've had the 'open_basedir' error, it was something my hosting company had to fix.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carter View Post
    Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/uswatchservice_com/public_html/store/cache) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/diamondw:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/diamondw/ ...
    You've got an incorrect path specified in your configure.php file and/or your Session Directory setting in your database.
    FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I tried to follow the instructions in https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100 but I have a problem. The program was installed on the other server using fantastico. The version (according to version.php is 1.2.5 with no patch levels. I can't find a copy of 1.2.5 to download and I don't have that particular version.

I did follow the database instructions and the basedir errors went away after running the fix program (I deleted the program after). But I still have the following error:

Are there any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can obtain v1.2.5 from our SourceForge download area: http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=125709

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carter View Post
    But I still have the following error:

That's a PHP5 incompatibility between Zen Cart v1.2.x and PHP 5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast