Plugin Contributions

Default Installation of Version 1.3.8a onto Streamline Windows Platform

Firstly has anyone had problems with the installation of Zencart 1.3.8a version on Streamline.net Windows Platform and if so, how did they overcome it ?

I've loaded the basic files via Filezilla, then when I type do the URL call up and follow the path for first time installation on the second stage, when I enter all the details for the SQL database, it delivers a return saying that no db exists/not been created. I know that I have created it because I am entering the particulars the creation of the db gave once it was set up.

One thing that worries me is that the SQL database is labelled SQL14, but
    Zencart have no provision to include the "14" in the setup particulars.

Streamline.net arent helpful at all and keeping returning my support ticket saying that everything on their side is working and they dont give advice or help with installation/configeration difficulties.

I desparately need help - either that or I put on my straight jacket and check myself into a shelter for the insane.

Many thanks.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Installation of Version 1.3.8a onto Streamline Windows Platform

Zencart should be hosted on a LINUX platform, and unless you have SHELL access to your Microsoft server, you'll probably not have the ability to configure the server the way it needs to be done.

It's unlikely your host will go to the trouble of configuring their windows server, so ask them to migrate you to a LINUX box.

Go through the README docs in the zencart install package. It tells you what your server needs to have.

Plugin Contributions

@silverspring

Streamline does not present its database info very clearly and the SQL14 is the name of the Streamline server where your database is hosted, rather than anything that you should be giving to Zen Cart. If you use the information that I PM'd you to set up your database, it will work.

@fairestcape

Zen Cart can run on Windows servers, and on Mac Servers. But I agree that Linux is preferable, and wouldn't personally run it on anything else.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

@Kuroi

to be quite honest your pm'd instructions go right over my head, so I will wait for your return. I've tried to pm you but your mail folder is full.

I have asked Streamline to change me over to the Linux platform. Perhaps they'll do it tomorrow.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by silverspring View Post
    @Kuroi

to be quite honest your pm'd instructions go right over my head, so I will wait for your return. I've tried to pm you but your mail folder is full.

I have asked Streamline to change me over to the Linux platform. Perhaps they'll do it tomorrow.
    Linux/UNIX are undoubtedly the best operating systems to be running on, but the really important thing for a successful Zen Cart installation is to be certain your connecting to a MySQL database. Have you tried installing locally on your own computer as detailed in Goh Koon Hoek's book? For a quick overview of the process, see the videos I created at ipicdg.com/ZenCart/
    James D Ballotti
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

hello, did you have any luck uploading zen-cart on streamline?

Please let me know....

Plugin Contributions

No. There were numerous difficulties and technical support didnt go out of their way to help. Eventually, I cut my losses (they wouldnt refund) and went with Lunarpages who are by far extremely helpful both by email and telephone 24/7 !