Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Is this possible? Discount coupon question

Is there a way that a discount coupon can be made to take $ 2.00 off (or any other amount) per unit, for every single item in the store?

I know that discount coupons are based on total % or a fixed $ amount. Please tell me if that kind of module could be coded, and if there is someone that I can hire to code it.

Thanks a lot!

I have a specific reason why this must be done with a discount coupon... is because my client wants to give an unique coupon code to each person via phone, and he wants them to use the discount only one time.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this possible? Discount coupon question

That is quite possible with the core Zen Cart....

1) Create the coupon, and set the value of the discount you want to give (i.e. $2). When creating the coupon, make sure that "Uses Per Coupon" is blank and that "Uses Per Customer" is set to "1".

2) Under Restrictions for the coupon, set the Category Restrictions to "Top" and Allow" -- that makes it usable for everything.

Now, he will be giving the SAME coupon code to each customer, but they will only be allowed to use it once.

He can then, from the Coupon Admin, pull a report which will tell him WHO used the coupon.

To give each person a unique coupon code, he would have to create the same coupon for each person that he gave it to, and that is repetitious work that isn't required since coupons can be set to only allow each person to use it once.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this possible? Discount coupon question

Yes, but what if you want a coupon code that cannot be shared? The one use restriction doesn't handle this. I'd like to be able to generate unique coupon codes for everyone that subscribes to a web site and give them say $10.00 off in our store. I wouldn't want one coupon code that could be shared with others, it would need to be a one use unique code that could not be shared.

Thanks,
    Darren