Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dependent Attributes?

Seriously, this feature has been constantly requested since 2006...
    and nobody (except the 'Magento' shopping cart *Magento has many other problems that defeat the appeal of switching to their cart.) has been able to implement it.

I would pay hundreds of dollars for an easy implementation of "Dependent Dropdowns"...
    'easy' means a regularly updated MOD... not an hourly Freelance developer rummaging around in the guts of my LIVE store every time there's a new ZenCart update.

*sigh* wishful thinking

-------------------------------------------------------------

Plugin Contributions

blackhalo - I feel the same. I have put about half my life into finding this solution!! Just kidding but it sure feels like it. I have found a BEAUTIFUL extension for magento that is so far, (upgrade friendly). I love ZC and it has a powerful attribute system. Many devs on here claim you can pretty do whatever you want in ZC with custom coding but I am also not excited about poking around a live site and risking failure when you update. Some devs have said to me "just don't ever run an update"!!

Anyway, take a look at my site http://www.modebook.com/get-started-...co-square.html

Sorry but you have to register real quick!! If you want something like this I know the developer and the extension is $100. Magento is very solid although you need the best of the best servers on premium hosts to runi it fast and effecient which is why I only use simplehelix.com as there cpanel setup is second to none as well for $19.95./month with unlimited domain names.

Best

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jmacdoug View Post
    Magento is very solid although you need the best of the best servers on premium hosts to runi it fast and effecient which is why I only use simplehelix.com as there cpanel setup is second to none as well for $19.95./month with unlimited domain names.
    That looks nice, it's clean...
    interesting use of the Dependency too, changing all the swatches based on the dropdown menu.

There's no doubt Magento works good out of the box, I actually signed up with SimpleHelix last year sometimes, did a test run...
    I didn't get that far though, being a one man show, I had other responsibilities (and my loooong ZenCart experience was still somewhat fresh in my mind).

Plus, with a major release of both ZenCart and osCommerce coming in the relatively near future...
    I chose to just sit tight for the time being... see what comes of things.

I will say this though Jeff, considering your specific needs for ModeBook...
    I don't think you'll find anything even close to that functionality in the new ZenCart, or most others...
    that's waaay too custom for general features.

I'd be happy with just dependent dropdowns...
    but combining dependent dropdowns with selectable color swatches...
    hell, those are finishing touches, the end of the feature development cycle...
    the 'cycle' these carts haven't even started yet!

That's a nice site, it's a solid vote for Magento.
    Thanks for pointing it out.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. It's funny, I had my site setup with ZC to begin with because I found an OUTSTANDING extension for selecting color swatches that was seamless and looked GREAT! It is located at the link below if you are interested. I had another dev claim they could produce the dependent dropdown thing for like $300 which was still ok but they dropped the ball and never got back to me so I was led to water and then the drought came.

Check the PAPS site out here http://www.#########################...##############

It is a paid extension so beware. Notice they still have me listed as a live site www.modebook.com

If I could get dependent attributes working I would go RIGHT BACK TO ZENCART!!!!! and drop magento in a heartbeat.

Best

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, interesting mod...
    I've never seen it before, and I have looked for this type of stuff in the past.

Others may be interested in this advanced image mod...
    this forum really doesn't like their domain name though (you'll need to change the beginning and end manually):

WWWDOT product-attribute-pictures DOTCOM

For posterity.

Plugin Contributions

Default Can I Do...Attribute Conditional Options?

I have been directed here by many people.

What i mean by the topic title is this;

If i was to have 3 dropdown options for the customer to choose, for instace;

Drop Down 1- Colour
    -Blue
    -Black
    -Red
    Green

Drop Down 2 - Size
    -Small
    -Medium
    -Large
    -XL

Drop Down 3 - Sleeve Length
    -Short
    -Long

BUT.... let's say the manufacturer doesn’t make Red, Large Shirts with Long Sleeves. So when the customer selectd Red from the first drop down i need Drop Down 2 to only display Small, Medium and XL, and Drop down 3 to only show Short Sleeves.

Hoping Zencart is capable of this.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I Do...Attribute Conditional Options?

Nope. Zencart doesn't support dependent attributes in the current version, and there's no mod available for that function.

Plugin Contributions

Default Cascading Multiple choices

I have the need to set up a store which will have multiple choices (not just 3-4) - probably drop down lists.
    eg:
    product colour front
    product colour back
    front logo style
    back logo style
    front logo colour
    back logo colour
    ...with this option
    ...with that option
    ...with another option
    ...for age group xx
    etc

What is the best way to do this so that it is simple to follow and easy for an end user to set up and manage?
    Are there any templates around that would be a starting point?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cascading Multiple choices

The dropdowns on the product info page are not a template issue; you would use attributes for them, and they will automatically show when you create them in admin.

If by "end user" you mean a store manager adding new products, you can set up one dummy product with all the attributes for its product type, and they can copy/duplicate that each time they want to make a new product of that type and edit the name, description, pictures, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cascading Multiple choices

Have set up stores with 2/3/4 options but not this many. With so many options and multiple choices, the standard attribute feature would be very unwieldy? Not sure how it would even work with multiple cascading choices of this possible number.

Additionally eg choosing logo style would mean saving earlier choices whilst displaying x number of styles on a page to choose from.

I thought an existing template along these lines might make it easier!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast