Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dependent Attributes?

This could be done, but is not a core feature of Zen Cart or any of the existing mods that I know about.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Ive just acheived this for a store im developing at the moment, if your interested send me a pm and we'll discuss it more :)

Plugin Contributions

Are you not willing to share publicly for the benefit of the whole community?
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

not untill ive had time to get it working properly...... however I am willing to give someone a few tips to get it going themselves...

Once this project it finished ill publish the how2 guide ..... just dont have time to make it more generic atm

Plugin Contributions

I am very interested in this. Please keep it posted of progress.

Best

Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Dependent Attributes?

I have an attribute scenario which I cannot figure out how to accomplish...

I have a good understanding of the basics of using attributes, options, etc. with zencart and a good working knowledge of html/javascript, and php, but I have not (yet) attempted to hack any html/javascript to solve my problem as I'm hoping there is a canonical solution within zencart.

I have zencart 1.3.8a, freshly installed.

I have a product which allows embroidery... I want to charge a minimum price for the embroidery which includes a certain number of letters, and then charge a per-letter price for each additional letter. For example assume the base-price is $16 and that would purchase up to 7 letters, and each additional letter is $1. (I have set the product to price by attribute)

I created a radio button attribute for "Include Embroidery" with a price $16.

I created a text box "Text to Embroider" with a price per letter of $1 and 7 letters free...

So far so good.

What I can't find a way to do is prevent the user from entering letters into the text box without selecting yes on the include embroidery radio button. Nor can I find any way to encode the business pricing rule described above into a single text-box attribute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (even if it's just to say what I'm trying to do can't be done without doing some javascript hacking on zencart)...

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dependent Attributes

Quote Originally Posted by allauthors View Post

I have a good understanding of the basics of using attributes, options, etc. with zencart and a good working knowledge of html/javascript, and php, but I have not (yet) attempted to hack any html/javascript to solve my problem as I'm hoping there is a canonical solution within zencart.

I have a product which allows embroidery... I want to charge a minimum price for the embroidery which includes a certain number of letters, and then charge a per-letter price for each additional letter. For example assume the base-price is $16 and that would purchase up to 7 letters, and each additional letter is $1. (I have set the product to price by attribute)

I created a text box "Text to Embroider" with a price per letter of $1 and 7 letters free...

So far so good.

What I can't find a way to do is prevent the user from entering letters into the text box without selecting yes on the include embroidery radio button. Nor can I find any way to encode the business pricing rule described above into a single text-box attribute.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (even if it's just to say what I'm trying to do can't be done without doing some javascript hacking on zencart)...

Thanks,
    You asked the whole question in the title of the thread.

Zencart can't do dependent attributes, and there's no mod for them, despite many, many requests, which leads me to believe it would be a bear of a programming job.

Someone who wanted to write such a mod could make it a commercial product and make a few bucks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dependent Attributes

Quote Originally Posted by allauthors View Post

So far so good.

Thanks,
    One possible solution is to provide TWO text input fields.

The first one is limited to 7 characters and the inputs are UN-priced.

The second one is PRICED by letter.

Then, by default, any use of the second field increments the product price (which is now set at the base price of $16).

You can use the Option Name COMMENT FIELD to insert instructions. (NOTE: This field is limited to 64 characters in the database, but can - via phpMyAdmin - be increased to a higher value if you need it).
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by accurax View Post
    not untill ive had time to get it working properly...... however I am willing to give someone a few tips to get it going themselves...

Once this project it finished ill publish the how2 guide ..... just dont have time to make it more generic atm
    Take it this never happened?

Does anyone have any suggestions how to do this?

Plugin Contributions

Does anyone know if "Accurax" manage to finish the attribute dropdown succesfully? It would be great to have one like that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast