Plugin Contributions

application error internal error 500 when using admin/index.php

Hello All,

Today I went into my ZenCart admin (my site is still in 'concept' and not live).

Anyway I logged into the admin area which I haven't for a week or two, and the page came up as normal. After about 30seconds I got an internal error.

This is effecting two 1.3.8a installations that I have. I can go to the /admin/ and login, but then get the internal server error. At that point if I go to /admin/customers.php I can get in and can use MOST of the pages.

If I try to access /admin/index.php or /admin/server_info.php I get the internal server error so far all other /admin/ pages work fine.

Any ideas?

Mobs

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: internal error 500 when using admin/index.php

"Internal server error" is usually a result of your webserver's security tools blocking access to something that would otherwise be potentially harmful.

You'll need to read your server's errorlog for the reasons why the "500 Internal Server Error" messages are appearing. You may have to ask your hosting company for assistance.

You can also search for the error message here in the forum and faqs since the same issue has been raised by many other people, some of which have posted their solutions ... which might help you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello DrByte,

Firstly thank you for your quick reply. I have actaully followed a number of the forum posts and still no luck.

I have even deleted my database, and zen-cart files from my 'test site' and reinstalled from scratch and have exactly the same problem. (The only pre-req I don't have is the CURL in PHP)

I am still waiting on the error logs from my provider but on a quick look they have not seen any unusual activity in the logs.

In my error log I have the following if this helps at all;
    [Mon Apr 28 19:25:32 2008] [error] [client 124.171.118.7] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/var/www/fcgi/abc.com/php4-fcgi-starter", referer: http://testing.abc.com/shop/admin/lo...e52f7d7605ec91

Does that help at all?

Mobs

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mobs View Post
    FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/var/www/fcgi/abc.com/php4-fcgi-starter", referer: http://testing.abc.com/shop/admin/login.php
    I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help in troubleshooting FastCGI problems on your hosting company's webserver.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello Dr Byte,

Firstly thanks for your help, and thanks to my hosting provider being so good too.

What was happening is that the automatic check for updates, was taking 60 seconds to time out, which was longer than the fastcgi timeout.

The reason why it was taking 60 seconds, must be becuase the new version uses CURL for the check update (which I dont' have compiled into PHP).

So by turning the automatic checks off it fixed the problem. The next step is to get CURL compiled in and then all should be good.

Thanks again.

Mobs