Plugin Contributions

Default MOve ADD TO CART higher on product page

Hi. I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a. I have enlarged the photos of my products in Admin>configuration>images and I usually have a lot of text description of a product (lengthy specifications, dimentions etc. etc.). This produces a very long product page. Offen I need to scroll the individual product page to even see the ADD TO CART button. In order to achieve an easier to use page, and increase impuse buying, I would like to move the ADD TO CART button higher on the page, for example just under the photo, or to the right of the photo, between photo and the description, above the photo .... that sort of thing. What is the best way to go about this relocation, which files need to be modified, css, php code?, and a quick example how would be appreciated.

On another note, how can I put redundant ADD TO CART buttons on that page, both at the top and again at the bottom so that either one could be used?

Any ideas or help would be apprecialted.

PJD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: MOve ADD TO CART higher on product page

Quote Originally Posted by PJD View Post
    Hi. I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a. I have enlarged the photos of my products in Admin>configuration>images and I usually have a lot of text description of a product (lengthy specifications, dimentions etc. etc.). This produces a very long product page. Offen I need to scroll the individual product page to even see the ADD TO CART button. In order to achieve an easier to use page, and increase impuse buying, I would like to move the ADD TO CART button higher on the page, for example just under the photo, or to the right of the photo, between photo and the description, above the photo .... that sort of thing. What is the best way to go about this relocation, which files need to be modified, css, php code?, and a quick example how would be appreciated.

On another note, how can I put redundant ADD TO CART buttons on that page, both at the top and again at the bottom so that either one could be used?

Any ideas or help would be apprecialted.

PJD
    P,
    Move Add to Cart Button
    1. includes/ templates/ override folder/ templates/ tpl_product_info_display.php
    1. line 88
    2. <!--bof Add to Cart Box--> to <!--eof Add to Cart Box-->
    3. Paste and move
    4. ftp when finished
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    P,
    Move Add to Cart Button
    1. includes/ templates/ override folder/ templates/ tpl_product_info_display.php
    1. line 88
    2. <!--bof Add to Cart Box--> to <!--eof Add to Cart Box-->
    3. Paste and move
    4. ftp when finished

In otherwords, just move that code to a place somewhere higher in the tpl_product_info_display.php code, and that will place the button higher on the screen. OK, I think I understand what you are suggesting. Thank You, your assistance is appreciated.

PJD

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you are correct,
    If you have troubles, post back please, and I will assist..

If you play for a while you will get the hang of it,
    or easily I could just tell you and you don't learn...
    Mark
    Hare Do

Will these instructions also allow the "Add to Cart" button to be moved below the Attributes selections?

The way it displays be default [attributes below Add button], it is too easy for a customer to click the Add button and miss the product attribute choices.

I'm not comfortable editing code, so I want to make sure it can be done this way before I start messing around in there!

Thanks.