Plugin Contributions

Default Category & Subcategory Layouts - How to make them Different

Hi. I need to make the subcategory layout different from the top level categories layout and don't know how to do this. The top level categories appear on the home page with 3 in a row. I need the subcategories to be only 1 in a row. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Perhaps the solution is simple but I can't seem to find it; the configuration > layout settings section only seems to allow a global row number for all categories. I'm thinking that maybe the only way to do it is to create two instances of zencart and try to manually code the links on the home page to a different folder where I have the other version of zencart with the other category setting, but surely there must be an easier way to do it than that? Many thanks for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category & Subcategory Layouts - How to make them Different

Bloody open source movement. What a waste of time. Who really thinks they can run a business using this stuff?

Plugin Contributions

A client rings up and says "I want the subcategories to look different from the top categories and I want a drop-down menu containing a list of all the subcategories for any particular section at the top of each section".

Right I say, no problem. I'm not a programmer but have confidence that using zen cart and discussing the issue on the forums and via tutorials on the web that I'll be able to solve this.

3 days later, no progress. Client rings up and begins to become demanding. Try to resolve issue as best I can. No joy. Have to try another system or bring in custom programmer.

Net result - days and days and days wasted listening to geeks badly explain themselves on innumerable forums. Client goes elsewhere, several thousand down the toilet.

What a waste of time the open source movement is. Inflexible hobbyists addressing themselves primarily to other programming hobbyists, not at all to entrepreneurs.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe you should not take on clients that you promise the world and can not provide them with what you offer. If you want a new cart create one Mr. Website Manager! ZEN ROCKS!